Welcome to the Simple Times Group Build! August 1, 2012 through April 1, 2013. Here's the basic idea:

Any kit that started you in this hobby or any kit you have fond memories of building as a kid are fair game and good subjects for this Group Build. There are no limits on aftermarket items. It may be assembled with tube glue and left unpainted or built up to the highest standards of your skills. The only requirement is that it must be tied into the theme of this group build and that you keep an In-Progress thread of your build. If you have any questions feel free to contact Rightwinger26 or myself.

Aaron

Hello all!!! I've been peeking in ARC from time to time over the past few weeks, and am very glad to see this GB is finally underway. For those that don't know, I was selected for promotion to Chief Petty Officer, so, having been going through the first four weeks of initiation I've had little precious free time. (the Chiefs or retired Chiefs here know what I mean) I look forward to joining in september 16th when life goes back to normal. In the mean time, let's get some great old fashioned builds going! In four weeks or so I'll be joining in with a Gwillows PT17.

Happy building to all, Bill

Does this include models we started but never got around to finishing?

Only if it relates to the theme of this group build. Is it a kit you built while you were a kid or have specific memories of? Is it a re-build?

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see this GB is getting such a good turn out, lots of wonderful builds and it looks like fond memories are being rekindled. I should be able to get back to the workbench in a week or so, then the big PT-17 can get its thread. Can't wait to join in, keep the great builds coming, and Jester, let me know if you need anything from the co-mod:) Sorry I've been unavailable so far

• 3 months later...

I'm going to have to see if I can find an old Revell 1/144 747 in time to join. My first airplane kit ever was a Pan Am (if I remember correctly) 747. I think my dad did most of the work but it is long gone, got it for my 10th birthday way back in 1976. If anyone see a kit give shoot me a PM or email.

Chris