All new tooling 1/48 IAI KFIR

It's not an issue of the angle the model is depicted at. I have many friends that fly for ATAC & I have photographed the kfirs extensively. There are two different types of centerline tanks for the aircraft. One, a streamlined supersonic tank and the second, is fatter & little shorter. The tanks also differ in having unique tail configurations.

Here's a couple of images to illustrate the difference.

This is the fatter tank w/ heavier tail fin configuration.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/ATAC/Israel-Aircraft-Industries/1319572/L/

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/67995/M/Private-ATAC/Israel-IAI-Kfir-C2/N402AX/

These images illustrates the more streamlined& IMHO, more elegant tank.

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/92768/M/Company-Owned-Air-Tactical-Advantage-Company-ATAC/Israel-IAI-Kfir-C2/N406AX/

ATAC F-21 Kfir

The kit tank, which is shown very well from the bottom view, looks to be a hybrid of traits from both of these different real tanks.

Disappointing.

Your first two links show the RP52 subsonic 1300 litre centerline tank. The next two are of the 880 litre supersonic centerline tank.

Tom

Your first two links show the RP52 subsonic 1300 litre centerline tank. The next two are of the 880 litre supersonic centerline tank.

Tom

Perfect. I didn't know the capacity of the subsonic tank. Appreciate the info.

:pray:/>/> Any Cheetah versions ? (D, E, C) :pray:/>/>

Not likely - tail, wings, fuselage, they all differ between the Kfir and the Cheetah, so that would mean just about an entirely new kit.

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fine would be simply to show them sode by side !!

Side by side infers a comparison. Unless you provide the item the kit will be compared to, I guess it won't be fine.

I will prepare sprue shots tonight.

Regards.

Fine would be simply to show them sode by side !!

Thanks in advance,

Deino

Deino, my Kinetic Models arrived so I can now do as you suggested to compare. Not side by side but images taken of the same area. Note that Kinetic Models (KM) has two noses in the box while AMK only one. Use file names to tell which is which:

AMKKMKfirComp1AMK.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp1bKM.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp1cKM.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp2AMK.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp2KM.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp3AMK.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp3KM.JPG

More coming...

Thanks for posting the excellent comparison photos!

As an outsider I like the cleanness of the AMK moulding, I mean the surface and all the details look much better, cleaner, sharper than the ones on the Kinetic version. On the other hand there is a bit more detail on the Kinetic airframe. It will be a difficult choice to make. As to how accurate the visibly different details off the same areas on the two kits I am sure the Kfir experts will reflect. I only ever had that ancient Hase kit in 72nd built straight out of box. But would now love to do one of the South American examples, they are amazingly beautiful!!!!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Just got my AMK kit. On a first inspection, as I suspected, my preference is for the AMK kit. Cleaner and sharper tooling overall. MUCH nicer plastic! The Kinetic has the edge on one or two areas (windscreen, area rule), but overall my preference is for the AMK. The moulded closed airbrakes and neutral positioned control surfaces are just icing for me. They run each other close, but the AMK kit has it by a nose for me (although it's so close that I wouldn't argue with anyone who preferred the Kinetic!)