All new tooling 1/48 IAI KFIR

Thanks for the pics Saul !

AMKKMKfirComp4AMK.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp4KM.JPG

The area were the fuselage is is flatter on Kinetic. This suggests that the wings are set too low on the fuselage.

AMKKMKfirComp5AMK.JPG

AMKKMKfirComp5KM.JPG

Kinetic seem to have invented panels in the middle of the wing while AMK didn't represent any panels at all on the leading edge.

The sharper panel lines of the AMK will make applying a wash on a multicolored model (5-6 coats of paint) easier.

Edited by Laurent

Thanks for the pics Saul !

The area were the fuselage is is flatter on Kinetic. This suggests that the wings are set too low on the fuselage.

Kinetic seem to have invented panels in the middle of the wing while AMK didn't represent any panels at all on the leading edge.

The sharper panel lines of the AMK will make applying a wash on a multicolored model (5-6 coats of paint) easier.

Laurent

here is the panel, we don't "invent" it.

IMG_3900_zps7256dfc8.jpg?t=1373036484

here is the panel, we don't "invent" it.

Raymond, could you please show reference showing that the panels in the red boxes exist ?

ipcc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are they C7 specific ? I don't see them here.

Edited by Laurent

Sure. A few drops of surfacer and they'll be gone (if they're supposed to go). Scribing the leading edge panel lines on the AMK will indeed less easy to cope with.

The panels in the red boxes are not shown on wing photos the Isradecal book either.

Seems like a simple fix to just fill the panels. Much easier than have to scribe in missing panels.

And to deal with the ugly sinkmarks on the wings, the forward fuselage and the pylons on the AMK kit - at least on my kit.

Lothar

And to deal with the ugly sinkmarks on the wings, the forward fuselage and the pylons on the AMK kit - at least on my kit.

Lothar

If they're in the same places as mine, mine will require nothing more than one application of Mr Surfacer 500 or, more likely, will be pretty much invisible under a matt finish. Are yours heavier?

Well, I do not know which one is better as I would much prefer to compare to images of the real thing. So, I do appreciate everyone's input (including Raymond Chung). As is the case many times, the best would be a kit bash using parts form each kit but this is hard work.

As for where to get the kit, Lucky Model has both at the same price. I have no idea about a US distributor. Not yet.

I like the marking scheme with the Syrian MiG-21 kill.

I am steadfast in hoping for Cheetahs as I like the wild sharkmouth schemes (none worn by a Kfir or F-21 that I know of - PLEASE prove me wrong).

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth
  • 2 weeks later...

I've picked up the two kits from my post office yesterday. There's an issue with my AMK kit: the instructions are missing. I sent a mail to salesATamkhobbyDOTcom and Wesley promptly replied that he'll send the instructions. I'll try to build to build the kits in parallel like Aigore is doing. Kinetic is likely to be an Israeli C7 while the AMK should be a Sri-Lankan C7.

I am building it was we speak. I give the detail and parts layout 9.5 out of 10. 9.9 out of 10 on the weapons.

building is another thing though. its not fitting perfect. it has that delta wing/body gap that 99% of all delta wing models have. I can get pics as I go if anyone is interested.

best thing about the kit is YES! there is little panels to cover and aerials to take off that would be for the C10 version!