Alf18: I spent 5 years at YMJ ATC, retiring in Feb '76 as Chief Tower Controller. Spent plenty of time strapped into the Tutor with Standards Flight. I also got lottsa time in the Real Harvard..round engines rule..turmines suck.

As you say "I wouldn't want to live there".

Regards

Barney http//:www.barneysairforce.com

Dan,

It is a Beauty Build.... and I am going to blame you..... But I broke down and bought the Kit too. Just looking at the comments, and yeah I do know someone who flew CF-18's..... Think I might just join.

Cheers

Emil

Alf18: I spent 5 years at YMJ ATC, retiring in Feb '76 as Chief Tower Controller. Spent plenty of time strapped into the Tutor with Standards Flight. I also got lottsa time in the Real Harvard..round engines rule..turmines suck.

As you say "I wouldn't want to live there".

Regards

Barney http//:www.barneysairforce.com

Barney

That means you just missed controlling my father when he did the Tutor wings course in 1969/1970. We lived in Regina when he cross-trained from Nav to Pilot; he finished his wings course and went on to train on the CF-5 and CF-104 in Cold Lake in 1971/1972. We moved to Baden in the summer of 1972. Busy days in Moose Jaw, indeed! Were you there when the 104 was cut off by a solo student, pitched up, pilot ejected, and aircraft crashed in the infield? The pilot was my uncle. I still remember the expressions on the faces of my mother and father when we heard the news on the radio, sitting down for supper in Regina. My Dad said "Dave's flying a 104 in today", and my mother looked quite distressed. He called the base right away, and his supper got cold while he finally got to talk to someone who could confirm that my uncle was fine, having survived the ejection and that he was holding court in the mess, minus his flying boot(s?) that came off when he baled out.

ALF

Dan,

It is a Beauty Build.... and I am going to blame you..... But I broke down and bought the Kit too. Just looking at the comments, and yeah I do know someone who flew CF-18's..... Think I might just join.

Cheers

Emil

Emil

Excellent! Looking forward to seeing your thread.

ALF

Alf18: I missed the

pitch-up" incidence having arrived in June 1970. MJ was a good posting. Funniest encounter..Working both runways during a night flying session with 10+ in each circuit and out of the darkness came

"Barney, Barney in the Tower what is the runway of the hour?"

My response, knowing that it was Argo flight deputy commander.."Oh little man with wings on your jacket, it's Runway 10Right if you think you can....HACKETT." The rest of the night was fun to say the least and John was "one-upped" for a change.

Barney

Alf18: I missed the

pitch-up" incidence having arrived in June 1970. MJ was a good posting. Funniest encounter..Working both runways during a night flying session with 10+ in each circuit and out of the darkness came

"Barney, Barney in the Tower what is the runway of the hour?"

My response, knowing that it was Argo flight deputy commander.."Oh little man with wings on your jacket, it's Runway 10Right if you think you can....HACKETT." The rest of the night was fun to say the least and John was "one-upped" for a change.

Barney

So his name was John Hackett?

Glad to see you're a poet too!

Thanks for stopping by my thread. If you want some more nostalgia, have a gander at my Voodoo thread that I just started.

ALF

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting, Big Daddy!

Definitely a strange coincidence. I find it interesting to see the dark stains on the white stripe just behind the engine exhaust. It probably cleans off easily given the high gloss finish, but on a cross-country trip like that it would get quite dirty, it seems.

ALF

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Alf. End result looks great!! Still punching out the models at a good rate I see. Maybe I'll get back to models someday (I hope). I don't even have a bench at the moment.

Cheers,

Tilt

Hey Alf. End result looks great!! Still punching out the models at a good rate I see. Maybe I'll get back to models someday (I hope). I don't even have a bench at the moment.

Cheers,

Tilt

Tilt

Thanks for the comments, buddy! It's about time for you to get back into this - the Canadian subjects are now better than ever. The new 1/32 Hawk 100 series is perfect for NFTC - I'm sure you know folks at 419 who would like to have one of those...

The world needs more Tilt-built kits!

ALF