This is the 1973 boxing of the Monogram 1/48 F4U-4 Corsair. I'm doing this out of the box, no putty,sanding, photo-etch, resin or super glue. This was the 1st kit I ever built when I was Eleven back in 1979.2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by 71roadrunner426

It will be interesting to see how this goes together.

My Monogram Hellcat and Zero from this era fit together nicely.

I have both of these kits built already, I will be posting pics of them later. These Three kits are the ones I cut my teeth on when I started to build models in 1979 when I was eleven, These kits bring back a lot of good memories for me, and they are very relaxing also. Rob

Neat job Rob. :thumbsup:

Wow! This must have seemed like such a fantastic model back in '79, especially if it was your first.

When you built it the first time, did you paint anything? I remember that my first model was glued together and decalled in a single afternoon with no paint whatsoever. It did n't seem to matter at all. :lol:

You've obviously come a long way since then. ;)

:cheers:

Neat job Rob. :thumbsup:

Wow! This must have seemed like such a fantastic model back in '79, especially if it was your first.

When you built it the first time, did you paint anything? I remember that my first model was glued together and decalled in a single afternoon with no paint whatsoever. It did n't seem to matter at all. :lol:

You've obviously come a long way since then. ;)

:cheers:

Thank you. I did paint it when I first did it back in 1979. I used the old testors spray paint. I painted it flat black, because that's the color I thought it was. I also painted the missles with the old Patraca paint set I got that day, silver and Red and belive me it was a glue bomb and I also didn't let the paint dry all the way. lol ah, the memories. Thanks, Rob