1/32 Trumpeter F-14D Super Tomcat

Hi! I'm very happy, because today arrived my AIRES F-14D cockpit set. I have waited for it for a two months. The details are amazing. :woot.gif:/> Here are some pictures of it, if anyone is interested:

116_zps457ddbf8.jpg

117_zpsf2785225.jpg

118_zps42a88455.jpg

119_zps70d6015a.jpg

120_zps039f312d.jpg

121_zpse6820ae5.jpg

122_zps3fcf3401.jpg

123_zpsaada8ef4.jpg

124_zpsf4ca7f9d.jpg

125_zps6a83a22d.jpg

Edited by tomfomes

Wow, thats an unreal amount of details. The big question is how does it fit?! :deadhorse1:

Both of mine, the F-14A and F-14D cockpits dropped straight in after I removed the stubs from the pour. The new stuff from Aires are mostly drop in fits. I have had no problems with the AV-8B and the A-4 sets also.

Wow, thats an unreal amount of details. The big question is how does it fit?! :deadhorse1:/>/>

Hi sharkey, It fits good. I just removed the stubs like Yasa mentioned and it was OK.

A little progress...I worked on a cockpit.

I made some extra details:

128_zps45ad4065.jpg

129_zpsec1e8a4e.jpg

No comment needed for this...

130_zpsc9eb099e.jpg

Next I painted the cockpit with Mr. Color 317 and then the panels with Tamiya enamel flat black:

131_zps33f7de88.jpg

132_zpsbe4392b7.jpg

133_zps3a4b9e83.jpg

134_zps1bfb63fd.jpg

Edited by tomfomes

The only thing matching the fantastic details of the Aires cockpit is your painting and detailing skills. Truly superb! :thumbsup:/>/>

Thank you Chuck for your cheerful kind words..I'm trying very hard. I'm following yours and other perfect modellers builds and I'm learning from it. Unfortunately I already made some mistakes... :deadhorse1:/>/> Fortunately it's not very visible :rolleyes:/>/> Maybe my next model will be a little better..

More cockpit updates:

153_zps48085683.jpg

154_zpsa37d4a0d.jpg

155_zps3584b7dc.jpg

156_zpsa253cd63.jpg

Edited by tomfomes

Tom,

Most EXCELLENT workmanship on the cockpit...

So NEAT and skillfully work done on the IP.. :worship: :worship:

..seeing your TOMCAT build progress so quickly is exciting.

Oof just out of this world :worship:

HOLMES :salute:

Edited by HOLMES

I have to agree with Chuck and all other's that this is one of the most intense builds I have seen, and among some of the best I might add. Your attention to detail is truly stunning.I can't wait to have the time to put my own work to this skill based on what I've seen to practice, one day soon....p.

Tonal B)

Edited by tonal

Very impressive cockpit work! I'm starting to want to really build a Tomcat :D

Marcel

Thank you Marcel. I'd really love to see a Tomcat from your bench! According to your previous works what I've seen, I think it would be a masterpiece. :salute:

Wow. Great work on the Tomcat! The gear looks incredible and the cockpit is just stunning!! Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you Wolfgun. I will post some progress as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't have time to work on it every day.. :(

Wow, nice work in the cockpit. The instruments look amazing. :)

Thank you very much. The instruments turned out pretty good, but I think they need some painting corrections...I hope I will not ruin it somehow during the correction process. :unsure:

Tom,

Most EXCELLENT workmanship on the cockpit...

So NEAT and skillfully work done on the IP.. :worship: :worship:

..seeing your TOMCAT build progress so quickly is exciting.

Oof just out of this world :worship:

HOLMES :salute:

Thank you HOLMES. :salute:

I have to agree with Chuck and all other's that this is one of the most intense builds I have seen, and among some of the best I might add. Your attention to detail is truly stunning.I can't wait to have the time to put my own work to this skill based on what I've seen to practice, one day soon....p.

Tonal B)

Thank you tonal for kind words. :) :coolio:

Hi guys!

Nothing much happend to my tomcat lately...I have worked on the seats. I had to reshape canopy-piercing spikes on the back seat, because it was same size as the one on front seat. I also added some extra details and primed the seats with Mr. Resin Primer. Here are some pics:

159_zpsdc19b7fd.jpg

160_zps9b180866.jpg

161_zpsb80544e8.jpg

Edited by tomfomes