1/32 Trumpeter F-14D Super Tomcat

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice work! :thumbsup:/>

Here's something you might consider adding to your seats for a little more realism & uniqueness - SEAWARS.

F14DSEAWARS.jpg

I came across these during my F-14B build - http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=207998&st=227

:cheers:/>

Thank you very much John.

what no more pics updating your progress?

I am sorry. I didn't updated the progress, because I was not working on it. The situation is, that I relocated to London in November last year. Since then I was searching for work and I had no time to work on it. But I have the model here with me, waiting in box to continue...so I started the Tomcat in Slovakia and it will be finished in UK...it is an International project :D I hope I will be working on it soon..now I am waiting for Zactomodel intakes.

Your scratch buiding is GREAT and I Just wanted to see pics of your progress. I am about to do my own F14-D tomcat in 1:32 scale so I am watching this thread with great anticipation. I am new to scratch building and model building and I started some of the things that you mention in your thread (the exhaust fans on the intakes) but man, how did you do the fans? But your build is Great so I am watching this very carefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Those bang seats look since with just the primer I don't know if you should paint them any more....:woot.gif:/> just kidding. As for the zacto's intakes I know they will make a huge difference in this kit. I can't wait till he's done with them and start selling...I've got 3 of this big Cat waiting on them. :rolleyes:/>

Mike

a06101d5.jpg

772ec1d1.jpg

hello Tom, great improvements in the forward wheel bay!

What kind of material did you use for those white hoses (to make it do all those curves)? I like it, where could I find something like that?

thanks and good work.

Luca

Edited by Alpagueur
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

after a long time finally I am back to modelling. Unfortunately I am still missing lot of tools. So far I have bought few enamel colors so I could at least paint the seats.

Here is some progress I made to the ejection seats:

seat_01_zps0f9eaa1c.jpg

seat_02_zpsa17e6234.jpg

seat_03_zps217e3ba4.jpg

seat_04_zpse00e5f80.jpg

seat_05_zpsd1b77918.jpg

Edited by tomfomes
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for very kind words. After long time I am back to work on this project.

I started to work on detailing of the lower fuselage. First I added some details to the LAU-92 Guided Missile Launcher (not finished yet) as the details of the main kit are very poor and innacurate.

000_zpsf9472fea.jpg

The next step is to rescribe panel lines on the lower fuselage as the ones on Trumpeter kit doesn't seem very accurate. According to resources I have (DACO book, primeportal.net) I sketched how the lines should look like accurately. I will rescribe only the visible part of it as the majority will be covered by the front and back palletes.

01_zps1e9b143c.jpg

On this photo you can see where the pallets will by positioned.

02_zps4a24fb6d.jpg

Next I have added some detail to the two split airbrakes. Addition is very easy, I used a saw to cut the center line of the holders (I don't know the proper english word for this).

03_zpscbf292a4.jpg

04_zps29a8740e.jpg

I have opened up and detailed the oval vent which is located on the left side of the lower fuselage.

05_zps8d40a48b.jpg

06_zpsf4af960e.jpg

I prepared the ZACTOMODELS Intake correction set parts by washing them in a warm soapy water.

07_zps76aba8e8.jpg

According to this picture I will need to sand the whole plastic on a part of the left engine nacelle. This is the reason why I used a CA glue to thicken the wall of nacelle (see on picture below).

08_zps97dbd5f1.jpg

10_zps48979219.jpg

I know it's not much of a progress but it took a lot of time to do a research and work on it. Hopefully I will have more progress soon. Thank you for watching.

Cheers,

Tomas

Hi Tom

Great to see you back working on the Big Cat - fantastic work. I might have missed it but what materiel did you use for the tubing and plumbing in the wheel wells?

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Hi Peter, sorry for the late reply. For the tubing of wheel well I used plastic round rods from Evergreen (see link http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/ ) which I heated up and bended. For smaller dimensions I used steel rods.

Tomas

Nice build, The front phoneix pallets in the kit are too flat, Wolfpack pallets sets make it better?...

Greetings...

Hi, unfortunately the Wolfpack front pallets are too flat as well. I will post comparison photos this evening.

Hi all,

here is a comparison photo of the Wolfpack front pallets and the real ones. Unfortunately they look too flat. I am starting to think how to fix it but no great ideas yet...If anyone has a good idea or already did this I would appreciate a good advice.

1_zps3d02edb6.jpg

Today I started to rescribe the panel lines on the lower fuselage.

2_zps7c661449.jpg

Here you can see which part of it will be visible.

3_zpsc5c481f1.jpg

Tomas