Sprue Bros shipping change?

Just wondering if anyone's had any shipments seem to take longer than normal lately? I ordered some paints Sunday and I used to get SB shipments either next day or two days at best and it's now Thursday and still haven't gotten it. There's nothing worse than anxiously awaiting a box that you need and it just keeps not showing up.

Did their website change effect it somehow? I don't see how but I never remember them offering UPS before either. This shipment I chose USPS like I always used to and it just seems to be double the time. Says it was shipped Monday like normal though so I figured Wednesday at best and now I'm hopeful for tomorrow.

Shipping is different for paints due to USPS regulations. It takes longer when paints are included as they aren't sent Priority. Most of those items have a disclaimer on SB's website, I think.

Shipping is different for paints due to USPS regulations. It takes longer when paints are included as they aren't sent Priority. Most of those items have a disclaimer on SB's website, I think.

Here is the disclaimer. It doesn't show under Acrylic but for some reason, I remember my last order containing paints taking longer

SURFACE SHIPPING ONLY (US Customers) - This item can only be shipped via surface/ground shipping. Purchasing this item will result in your entire order being only eligible for either UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post shipping. US customers located outside the contiguous lower 48 states (such as Hawaii or Alaska) can contact us to determine a shipping cost if the webstore is not be able to determine the shipping cost

Here is the disclaimer. It doesn't show under Acrylic but for some reason, I remember my last order containing paints taking longer

SURFACE SHIPPING ONLY (US Customers) - This item can only be shipped via surface/ground shipping. Purchasing this item will result in your entire order being only eligible for either UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post shipping. US customers located outside the contiguous lower 48 states (such as Hawaii or Alaska) can contact us to determine a shipping cost if the webstore is not be able to determine the shipping cost

Acrylics aren't flamible and aren't subject to Hazmat regulations.

Got the paints yesterday. Got paint on model today. Screwed up though and bought MM acryl insignia yellow for my SB-17 and I never use mm acryl. Butchered that paint job because I didn't even notice till i was like why is this looking like shi? Oh well. More work added to that build!

Even though SB was working Sunday to fill orders, that doesn't mean that the USPS was. Anything processed on Sunday, wouldn't be picked up by the USPS until their normal pickup time Monday afternoon. Once its in the hands of the USPS or other carrier, it is out of SB control and on the carriers.

Maybe the semi hauling your parcel had a flat tire. One of my trucker friends had a flat and spent most of a day waiting at the TA Truck Stop waiting for it to be fixed. Stuff happens. Don't forget USPS is cutting back on service too to reduce operational costs. The local PO may have held the mail an additional day because they sent folks home early the day before. Ours had been doing that to reduce daily operational expenses.