Hasegawa 1:48 F-14A "Reaper 162"

some WIP pics of my current project, a Hasegawa 1:48 F-14A. *I chose to depict one of the Grim Reaper's Tomcats using the beautiful Fightertown decals. *So here are some progress shots.

Started with the kit decals, but they looked too yellow compared to the photo of the real jet on the boxtop, so I scrubbed them and went with the Reaper scheme:

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

Stay tuned . . . more to come . . .

ahhhh come on dont tell me your build is going that fast !!!!

ive been working for months on mine and its no even there yet :crying2:

Looks great BTW

what is that wash your using ??

ahhhh come on dont tell me your build is going that fast !!!!

ive been working for months on mine and its no even there yet :crying2:

Looks great BTW

what is that wash your using ??

These updates are time compressed. I've been working on this one for a few weeks. The wash is FloryModels wash (previously ProModeller wash)

Andy

It looks great Andy :thumbsup: I'm just curious about your paint scheme colors. Skunk stripe (Gunship Gray) and what color or colors did you use on the airframe? I'm just wondering since the Cat looks great in these colors.

/Jesse

Hi Andy,

Looking really, really good! congrats!

I´m kind of a new here in this forum, so I would like to know if you can explain to me, how do you prepare the cockpit for painting. The question is: the cockpit was already glue to the mainframe before painting or was just hold with something, when you were painting with black color.

_Thanks in advance for the tip.

Cheers

Aceguti.

It looks great Andy :thumbsup: I'm just curious about your paint scheme colors. Skunk stripe (Gunship Gray) and what color or colors did you use on the airframe? I'm just wondering since the Cat looks great in these colors.

/Jesse

It's Gloss Gull Gray for the airframe and Euro Gray for the skunk stripe. Those were the callouts from Fightertown

Hi Andy,

Looking really, really good! congrats!

I´m kind of a new here in this forum, so I would like to know if you can explain to me, how do you prepare the cockpit for painting. The question is: the cockpit was already glue to the mainframe before painting or was just hold with something, when you were painting with black color.

_Thanks in advance for the tip.

Cheers

Aceguti.

I painted the cockpit separately before installing it. The canopy is just tacked in place now to protect the pit while I paint the airframe.

How do you like those washes? I'm thinking of getting one or two bottles.

What gloss paint so you use before the wash?

The Florymodel washes are nice. They are clay-based and go on over the glosscoat. You can wipe them off after 20 minutes or leave them on for days before wiping them off. If you don't like the effect, you can even wipe them off completely and start over. They are very forgiving in that way. I have used them over a glosscoat of Future acrylic as well as over a lacquer glosscoat and found no difference in the way the wash behaves.

The Florymodel washes are nice. They are clay-based and go on over the glosscoat. You can wipe them off after 20 minutes or leave them on for days before wiping them off. If you don't like the effect, you can even wipe them off completely and start over. They are very forgiving in that way. I have used them over a glosscoat of Future acrylic as well as over a lacquer glosscoat and found no difference in the way the wash behaves.

nice, I think I will get one and try it myself. Then best thing is that they are forgiving, and easy to work.

That's a lovely looking cat there. VF-101 has no usually been in my top favourite scheme for tomcats but that is a really nice simple scheme. I can see what you mean about the Black Lions yellow being different to the real scheme. I would have made the same choice. How did you find the Hasegawa kit to be for buildability? I am building one for the first time so I just wonder what you think of it?

Andrew

That's a lovely looking cat there. VF-101 has no usually been in my top favourite scheme for tomcats but that is a really nice simple scheme. I can see what you mean about the Black Lions yellow being different to the real scheme. I would have made the same choice. How did you find the Hasegawa kit to be for buildability? I am building one for the first time so I just wonder what you think of it?

Andrew

Andrew, this is my second Tomcat build. The first one gave me fits (some of my own doing and others because of how complicated the Hasegawa Tomcat is engineered). This build has been much smoother. I hope your build is going well. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.