Who's all in for another F-4 Phantom Group Build?

F-4 Phantom Group Build  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate?

March is fine with me. As if I didn't have enough 1/48 Phantoms in the stash, I picked up the Tamiya 1/32 F-4C yesterday at the Huntsville Model Show. That gives me time to check out all the AM goodies I might want. If anyone has a suggestion of what I might look for, let me know. After looking at the kit, man is that thing huge. I love the one piece fuselage. Come on March !! Don M.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a 1/32 Revell F-4j for 19$!

Also picked up an Academy F-18C for 18$!

I'm ready.

No idea where I'll put it but whatever.

WHAT

Thats dirt cheap for that Academy32nd hornet!!!

TAKE ME TO YOUR DEALER

I've got the kit, just waiting for the decals now. Why so long until the start?

Yeah I'm still puzzled as to why we have choked off the number of GBs? There are only 6 on-going right now and the lengths are from 6 months to damn near a year!!!! BM seems to have more GBs and new ones start every month IIRC, do they have more members than ARC?? These here should be limited to 6 months and start every month to keep things rolling. If you cannot get a kit done in that time then your life is more complicated than most!? Yes I know there other things besides modelling but say an hour a nite for 6 months is approx 180 hours, unless you are scratch building the model that should be enough time?

There I fell better now, I'll set the soap box aside for any body else.

Changed my mind...

Last time I got into a party atmosphere with Bashace and Phantom, I was left on top of a building with nothing but the clothes I was wearing and the mattress I slept on....nearly burned to death in the sun, while they were out fighting Mike Tyson, peeing in his pool, and getting married to a stripper with a kid....

Hmmmmm, almost sounds like that should in some kind of movie....

-Jim

Yeah I'm still puzzled as to why we have choked off the number of GBs? There are only 6 on-going right now and the lengths are from 6 months to damn near a year!!!! BM seems to have more GBs and new ones start every month IIRC, do they have more members than ARC?? These here should be limited to 6 months and start every month to keep things rolling. If you cannot get a kit done in that time then your life is more complicated than most!? Yes I know there other things besides modelling but say an hour a nite for 6 months is approx 180 hours, unless you are scratch building the model that should be enough time?

There I fell better now, I'll set the soap box aside for any body else.

This is why we have started the new rolling start for Group builds

it will be more fluid this way with less waiting for the start

Changed my mind...

Last time I got into a party atmosphere with Bashace and Phantom, I was left on top of a building with nothing but the clothes I was wearing and the mattress I slept on....nearly burned to death in the sun, while they were out fighting Mike Tyson, peeing in his pool, and getting married to a stripper with a kid....

Hmmmmm, almost sounds like that should in some kind of movie....

-Jim

The guy at the hobby shop said that stuff was perfectly safe for thinning model paints with, just not sure how I got chicken footprints on my fresh paint job...lol.

This is why we have started the new rolling start for Group builds

it will be more fluid this way with less waiting for the start

And yet we have been waiting for almost a month now and have 4 more to go???????

If you have a group ready to go then let them loose to get building!

Hi-Decal will be happy to sponsor some (F-4) decal sheets for the GB raffle :rolleyes:

Greetings

Dieog

Diego,

Thank you very much for the support, we'll add Hi-Decal to the list of sponsors for the GB Raffle.

V/r

Ron