Who's all in for another F-4 Phantom Group Build?

F-4 Phantom Group Build  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate?

Build the Phantom that they slam into the wall at high speed:

F-4 PHANTOM CRASH TEST - 1988 - SANDIA NATL LABS - 2

The purpose of the test was to determine the impact force, versus time, due to the impact, of a complete F-4 Phantom -- including both engines -- onto a massive, essentially rigid reinforced concrete target (3.66 meters thick). Previous tests used F-4 engines at similar speeds. The test was not intended to demonstrate the performance (survivability) of any particular type of concrete structure to aircraft impact. The impact occurred at the nominal velocity of 215 meters per second (about 480 mph). The mass of the jet fuel was simulated by water; the effects of fire following such a collision was not a part of the test. The test established that the major impact force was from the engines. The test was performed by Sandia National Laboratories under terms of a contract with the Muto Institute of Structural Mechanics, Inc., of Tokyo.

That would be an odd duck to model!

What'd it look like though. Would be a cool duo with a sled, rails, ad concrete slab at the end. Interesting

Never mind just watched the video. Boring paint scheme but cool video! No more F4.

Edited by Bigasshammm

I have a whole stack of 1/72 and 1/48 Phantoms in the stash, so I would definately be up for this GB, if my health holds out. I am scheduled for abdominal surgery next week and will probably need at least one more after that.

Darwin

Do you have a pile of Phantoms stacking up waiting for that magic moment to build one, now's the time to act. Looking to start the "Phantom Addicts Annonymous" Group Build some time in the spring, sure it seems like a long way off, but true Phantom builders may feel a little pressure for prep time. Let's here it if you feel up to the task!

I'm in. :woot.gif:

I've only done four, and it's time for another.

How do I sign up?

Edited by mustanger

I haven't participated in a group build in 15 forevers.....methinks the last was Viper Group Build 2.0.

I'm game for a group build. I've never built a Phantom, but have three 1/48 RF-4Cs and a 1/48 F-4G in the stash begging to be built.

bashace, looks like the interest is there, would you like to be the moderator? (some of the prizes sound like MY dreams come true!!!!!!!)

I would guess a start at the beginning of the year would be a good suggestion. If you need help moderating, I can........help.

well now that wolfpack makes a 1/48 wing fold kit i might have to join....

maybe the academy kit will be out in time!

that would be awesome, as that would makes me automatically in the GB...

but for now, i'll have to keep on hunting for Phantoms as i have no more in my stash...

So....

Who in their right mind (well not entirely) voted no?? are you serious??

Haahahahahahahahahaha

I'm in..

Harald

That was ME.

im dead broke these days and dont have an F-4 and the no is there for a reason

ll be waiting for you near the bicicle rack at resess :explode:

That was ME.

im dead broke these days and dont have an F-4 and the no is there for a reason

ll be waiting for you near the bicicle rack at resess :explode:

So, does this mean that if an F-4 kit showed up in the mail you would join the build?