New ANG F-15A/C decals

These will be a November release, printed by Cartograf like most of my newer releases. I will release two separate 1/48 sheets, each of which will share a common stencilling sheet with enough markings for two jets.

The subjects in the first sheet are:

-Oregon ANG, 142FW wing commander's jet

-Oregon ANG, 142FW line jet

-Montana ANG, 120FW line jet

f15drafts1.jpg

The second sheet will cover:

-Oregon ANG, 173FW wing commander's jet

-Oregon ANG, 173FW line jet (yes, that serial number is really painted like that.)

-Massachusetts ANG, 104FW line jet

f15drafts2.jpg

I believe many of these have not been done before. Certainly none of the wing kings were done, the 173th jets have been done by Superscale but the eagle's head is the old style that was used until a few years ago. My 173th markings sport the new style.

Let me know what you think. These are late drafts before I finish everything this week or so

The obligatory 1/72 blurb: I will almost certainly do these in 1/72 at some point, but not immediately. Like I mentioned elsewhere in these threads, my future 1/72 releases are on hold pending the delivery of my first Czech-printed decals. I don't know how to do 1/72 US-centric decal sheets by Cartograf successfully(profitably)-the math just doesn't work out. If I am happy with the Czech-printed sheets, expect a torrent of 1/72 sheets in the future.

Edited by KursadA

these look great, another exciting ANG release!!! Just out of curiosity, what timeframe do these markings represent?? I always like it when the time period of the markings are included in the instruction sheets.

thanks

Corey

these look great, another exciting ANG release!!! Just out of curiosity, what timeframe do these markings represent?? I always like it when the time period of the markings are included in the instruction sheets.

These are all from 2010 to present: the 173 wing jet was painted in this scheme merely several months ago. The numbers of the line jets are not set in stone yet; so if anyone can provide references(name tags etc.) for a particular jet, he should send me photos this week.

The obligatory 1/72 blurb: I will almost certainly do these in 1/72 at some point, but not immediately. Like I mentioned elsewhere in these threads, my future 1/72 releases are on hold pending the delivery of my first Czech-printed decals. I don't know how to do 1/72 US-centric decal sheets by Cartograf successfully-the math just doesn't work out. If I am happy with the Czech-printed sheets, expect a torrent of 1/72 sheets in the future.

Best news I've seen all weekend.

The obligatory 1/72 blurb: I will almost certainly do these in 1/72 at some point, but not immediately. Like I mentioned elsewhere in these threads, my future 1/72 releases are on hold pending the delivery of my first Czech-printed decals. I don't know how to do 1/72 US-centric decal sheets by Cartograf successfully-the math just doesn't work out. If I am happy with the Czech-printed sheets, expect a torrent of 1/72 sheets in the future.

funny-gifs-batman-approves.gif

I don't know how to do 1/72 US-centric decal sheets by Cartograf successfully-the math just doesn't work out.

Could I ask what do you mean? Just curious. Is it because of the data stencils being smaller in size, etc?

I would be looking forward to these sheets.

May be wishful thinking on my part, but is there any prospect of a 1/32 version?

There are so few decals in 1/32 for contemporary F-15C's, and very little choice of units.

Could I ask what do you mean? Just curious. Is it because of the data stencils being smaller in size, etc?

I would assume the meaning to be that US centric sheets do not sell that well in 1/72. For some reason U.S. modelers who I assume are the majority builders of U.S. subjects have largely shuned 1/72 scale ( I have no idea why). And Cartograph being the best printers around also have the highest prices so it makes little sense to print high cost sheets that will sit for a long time unsold. I hope very much that the Czech printers work out because Caracal are producing some of the nicest sheets around of alot of subjects other makers wont touch. Edited by rustywelder

77-0063 has been at AMARC since at least 2009, where I last shot it.

Thanks-let's say 2008-2009 then, to be on the safe side. As I mentioned, the serial numbers that would be on the finished sheet are not final yet:I will choose another airframe that is still flown by the unit.

Yet another nice sheet Kursad. Great stuff.

So tell me when do you sleep? :) Seems to me you are producing sheets fast and furious. Not that I am complaining since you sure pick some nice subjects.

Maybe I missed it, but is that sheet for the Hasegawa kit? I have the Tamiya kit as well as the Monogram kit but I think I would like to do the Tamiya kit.

Thanks, Chris. Sleep is overrated - seriously though, these have been on the drawing board for a while. At any time I have 8-10 decal sheets in various stages of development, and I only announce them shortly before I finish the design.

There isn't much on these F-15 sheets that needs to be fitted to a particular kit, perhaps aside from the slime lights that I designed to match the Hasegawa kits. They should work on any F-15A/C kit in the market.

Yet another nice sheet Kursad. Great stuff.

So tell me when do you sleep? :) Seems to me you are producing sheets fast and furious. Not that I am complaining since you sure pick some nice subjects.

Maybe I missed it, but is that sheet for the Hasegawa kit? I have the Tamiya kit as well as the Monogram kit but I think I would like to do the Tamiya kit.

Edited by KursadA

I would assume the meaning to be that US centric sheets do not sell that well in 1/72. For some reason U.S. modelers who I assume are the majority builders of U.S. subjects have largely shuned 1/72 scale ( I have no idea why). And Cartograph being the best printers around also have the highest prices so it makes little sense to print high cost sheets that will sit for a long time unsold. I hope very much that the Czech printers work out because Caracal are producing some of the nicest sheets around of alot of subjects other makers wont touch.

Thanks, rusty! That makes sense. And I agree with you about the Czech printers 'cos I want my 1/72 Caracal decals, esp the F-101B, F-102 & these ANG F-15 sheets :cheers:

Thanks, rusty! That makes sense. And I agree with you about the Czech printers 'cos I want my 1/72 Caracal decals, esp the F-101B, F-102 & these ANG F-15 sheets :cheers:

You and me both Jackman, although I'm wating for 111. Filo F-4Es and the 173rd FS F-15s. What I would really love is on any eventual 1/72 ANG F-15 sheet is to get a "D" model in there for the 173rd. In their role as a training squadron they have a ton of those. Shouldn't be much more than a second set of numbers and crew names.

Hoops

Edited by Hoops

You and me both Jackman, although I'm wating for 111. Filo F-4Es and the 173rd FS F-15s. What I would really love is on any eventual 1/72 ANG F-15 sheet is to get a "D" model in there for the 173rd. In their role as a training squadron they have a ton of those. Shouldn't be much more than a second set of numbers and crew names.

Hoops

Add me to the 1/72 scale list. Very few decalers take 1/72 scale ANG markings seriously.