F-15E questions...

Hi everyone, i want to built an F-15E i have the excellent kit from Revell but i want to modernize it in today standards, i have all the pe sets from eduard for the new academy kit,my first question is if those set fit well to the Revell kit, and also all the aircraft's have the reinforcements on the fins, are any decals available for SJ aircraft on the market in the 1/48 scale ?

Cheers Nick :cheers:

Most/all of the SJ sheets I am aware of are Out of Production...Not saying if you look on E-bay or something you won't find any...but there are not any "easily available" from the manufacturer. The Revell kit does come with SJ markings though, as does the newer Academy E.

The newer Academy kits are a good source for weapons, decals and add-ons for the Revell kit if you want a current, accurate Strike Eagle. I highly recommend the TwoMikes tails, and also several parts from Shawn Hull. His LAU-128's are excellent and accurate (Academy/Wolfpack's are not) and he has a SNIPER pod that is excellent too, as well as several weapons sets that are relevant to the Strike. Even though it says his website is closed (www.shull24.com) if you go to the ordering page, you can still place an order. Royale Resin makes accurate, well-detailed wheels as well. The kit ones are almost a full milimeter too thin.

Any other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Aaron

• 1 month later...
What is the right colour for the pilots. There are flight suits which are light brown and flight suits in olive green.

Which ones are new and what is the difference.

It is not a matter of one being "newer" than the other...quite simply, if the predominant color of the terrain is brown, the crew will wear a khaki flight suit. Otherwise, they will wear a green one. So, if you are modeling a Strike flying in the middle east or africa, go with khaki.

I'm not sure if the USAF has a restriction like the US Navy does limiting khaki flight suits to outside the continental US (except for China Lake and Fallon) or not.

HTH

Spongebob

As far as colours for the crew go For Iraq I am fairly certain that most if not all crews wore the Tan coloured flying suit. They are both still used it just depends on the environment they are operating in as to what they will generally wear Desert usually means the Tan suit.

For painting them all tooled up in the jet the flying suit would be the tan colour with usually no patches worn during ops.

-The G-Suit (CSU-13B/P) would still be olive green nomex colour varies a little with manufacture and also fading over time.

-The Survival/Evasion vests the Strike Eagle crew wear are a coyote brown colour. There may be some parts of the PCU-56 parachute harness visible underneath they are a light greeny blue almost aqua sort of colour with silver fittings

-Helmet (HGU-55/P) is light grey with dark grey leather patches on the sides for the visor buffer visors can be Dark tinted, clear, or yellow and

-Mask (MBU-23/P)will be light grey with a black plastic hardshell

-Boots might be black or a desert tan Beige colour

Hope that helps you a bit I gave you their technical names so can google them and see what I am talking about if you need to.

Cheers

Cairnsy

-Boots might be black or a desert tan Beige colour

Last I looked the USAF no longer allows black boots. OD Flight gear will mean the goofy green boots. Tan flight gear means tan boots. I think Tan boots are authorized with OD flight suits in theater only.

I got my data from the USAF uniform guidelines.