CF-18 FIP Markings Coming Soon

Hello Everyone.

Coming soon, CF-18 current FIP markings in 1:32 scale.

This set contains 3 and 1/2 sheets of standard service markings, all stencils and warning marks, various squadron and AETE markings. As well as OP MOBILE and Balkan Rats markings. Decals for the false canopy, ejection seat, fuel tanks, and landing gear are also provided.

This sheet is being printed by Microscale and should be available in a few weeks.

wvd32004-1.jpg

wvd32004-2.jpg

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read.

David

Edited by RiderFan

Very Nice..... David you are making me a fan!!!! Looks like Another sheet for the collection, Love the E-Seat markings and Fuel tank stuff. Hey the inclusion of the Balken and Lybian markings is just nuts. Definite buy!!

Just one Question did 433 Sqn ever have the newer porcupine logo on the tail?

:cheers:

Emil

Edited by Emvar

Hi Emil.

Yes, From what I have seen in photos, 433 had both. I didn't have a good side on photo of the logo to work with. I know they had the older one though. There's a little bit of room so if I could get a usable photo, I might be able to squeeze the new one in before it hits the press.

Don, FIP stands for Federal Identification Program. It's a standardized marking system for all branches of the Canadian Government. It's why our combat aircraft now have the same word-mark as a Canada Post delivery van. I'm not a fan of it really but nobody asked me at the time.

thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan

What plane would have that big red X on it ?

Hey David you gona be at the montreal IPMS contest on sept 22nd ?

Hi Neo.

Aircraft with the Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment (AETE) in Cold Lake always carry the big X on them.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/davidwinter/Decal_Sheets/aete.jpg

Is it the 21st or the 22nd? I thought it was the 21st. If we're talking about the same show, I was going to see about getting a vendors table.

Hi Emil.

Yes, From what I have seen in photos, 433 had both. I didn't have a good side on photo of the logo to work with. I know they had the older one though. There's a little bit of room so if I could get a usable photo, I might be able to squeeze the new one in before it hits the press.

Don, FIP stands for Federal Identification Program. It's a standardized marking system for all branches of the Canadian Government. It's why our combat aircraft now have the same word-mark as a Canada Post delivery van. I'm not a fan of it really but nobody asked me at the time.

thanks

David

David

433 definitely flew with the new porcupine logos. I'll see if I can dig up a pic you can use. Before FIP, the 433 logo was a lighter shade of dark grey, and during FIP there was a mix of lighter and darker (like the one you have on the new sheet) porcupines.

ALF

That would be great. If you can get that to me tonight I can fit it in. Tonight's the last chance to get it in or I miss the run. Based on two blurry images on flicker, I'm pretty sure there's a left and right side (two different logos).

thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan

Hi Neo.

Aircraft with the Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment (AETE) in Cold Lake always carry the big X on them.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt75/davidwinter/Decal_Sheets/aete.jpg

Is it the 21st or the 22nd? I thought it was the 21st. If we're talking about the same show, I was going to see about getting a vendors table.

Thanks for the PIC

Well the IPMS Montreal is on the 21 AND 22nd :P

If i see you table ill come by and say HI

That would be great. If you can get that to me tonight I can fit it in. Tonight's the last chance to get it in or I miss the run. Based on two blurry images on flicker, I'm pretty sure there's a left and right side (two different logos).

thanks

David

David

e-mail sent to your winter valley dot com address with 4 pictures, courtesy of Richard Girouard, who can always be relied on to have great, clear shots of these Bagotville subjects.

ALF

Have a book here that shows them, even one with Hobbes (without Calvin). It was a book telling about the shut down of our bases in Germany. I know some had them in the first gulf war as well before they were all painted over.

Edited by phantom

Have a book here that shows them, even one with Hobbes (without Calvin). It was a book telling about the shut down of our bases in Germany. I know some had them in the first gulf war as well before they were all painted over.

You mean Wings of Change, yes I have the book also..... All 439 except the second Tiger were painted Symmetrical... IIRC 439 stood down before the jets were painted FIP.

And Dave has that sheet too...

wvd32002-1.jpgwvd32002-2.jpg

wvd32002-c.jpg

Thanks everyone.

If someone can positively confirm a 439 crest on an FIP painted bird I can add it no problem (turns out the print run doesn't start until after labour day so I have time to fiddle a bit). But I really need a photo showing it before I can add it. I have a lot of 439 symmetrical paint job photos, but nary a one in FIP.

thanks

David

The Montreal Model Meet is on the 21st and 22nd of september:

http://www.ipmsrealcote.com/mmm2012.htm

Vendor tables are STILL available !

The show is on the saturday 22nd, mainly, only pre-registration occurs on the friday from 6pm to 9pm. The vendors will NOT be open on friday!

http://www.ipmsrealcote.com/MMM_P_EN_DDO.pdf

I will be there with quite a few canadian aircrafts, you'll recognize them !

Edited by yvesff

I can't find a pic, but I do know that 439 was the last squadron disbanded in Germany. FIP aircraft started to appear 2 or 3 years before 439 was closed in 1993. I think there is a very high probability that some of their aircraft sported FIP markings and 439 tiger crests on the tail, but can't say for sure.

ALF

So I would assume then that this is the same small black tiger crest I have on my symmetrical sheet? I'd really prefer a picture, but if the dates line up, maybe that's enough

Thanks

David

Edited by RiderFan

I remember only seeing 188764 the Tiger bird in the FIP markings for 439 all other pictures I've seen have been Symmetrical. Mind you I have also seen a picture of an Upgrade Hornet in Symmetrical Scheme.... I just can't find the picture on line.