Jet Corsair Whif

Hello All,

I need to kickstart my modelling mojo so I am going to build a jet powered Corsair.

I will be using the 1:32 scale 21st Century Toys kit.

8f8d7582.jpg

I loved these kits. I wish I would have bought more of them. A 1:32 kit for $10. How can you go wrong. They might not have been the most accurate, but for this type of project they are excellent.

Here is what I am aiming for:

d583666f.jpg

It is just taped together but I think you can get the idea.

Els

Edited by Els

Thanks,

GreyGhost, Crimsom Skies is where I got the idea. I haven't played the game but I have seen pictures of the aircraft from that game around. They are very imaginative and just plain cool looking.

I was able to get the front "wings" on:

1d500c3f.jpg

a1d84038.jpg

A couple more shots of the idea, this time without tape:

bd8e49c7.jpg

99dbd908.jpg

I have also started working on something to fill the intake of the engine. I cut these out of the cardboard top for some Revell F-4's that I am also finishing up.

b4387d96.jpg

They don't have to look that detailed, they are not that visible when installed.

Thanks again for looking, let me know what you think

Els

I spent an hour or so on this today.

I put the blades for the engine on but I am not to sure that I am going to keep it like this. It is not really visible once the engine cowling is on but I am not real happy with it.

eb41c255.jpg

I will think on this a bit more.

I started filling in the hole were the wings were supposed to go

af861144.jpg

I also started working on the exhaust area.

042f4b6f.jpg

I cut the ridged area of a plastic cup to line the inside of the engine cowling:

e58fa62d.jpg

This is the pilot that comes with the kit. Not bad?

787cbc76.jpg

Its coming along. I need to start thinking about weapons and I am not sure what I am going to do with the paint.

Els

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everybody.

GreyGhost, I thought about calling it the A** Backwards Corsair.

I haven't forgotten about the build, I have just been busy with some other stuff.

I was able to join the wings to the body.

JetCorsair18_zps41b1ec70.jpg

I also added some gear doors to the front and built the inner struture to hold it up as an in flight model.

JetCorsair17_zpsfcb85c9f.jpg

Lots of sanding...

Els

Edited by Els

Thanks everybody.

I didn't get anything done on the aircraft but I painted up the pilot.

JetCorsair19_zpsdadc4ea0.jpg

I am not the greatest at painting these small figures but once it is closed up in the cockpit it should be ok.

Els

Thanks Andre.

I tried to make up some decals today. I downloaded some Crimson Sky aircraft and made them into silhouettes for kill markings. I need a new black printer cartridge for my printer, they didn't turn out that great. The decals I am making are only black so at least I can still use them and just touch them up after they are on the kit with some black paint.

JetCorsair22_zps222c4715.jpg

Testers decal paper seems to be a bit hit and miss with me. Sometimes it works great but today...It didn't. The decals kept curling up when I was trying to apply them. It turned into a mess. I think it was because I was impatient and did not let the clear coat cure.

I started blocking in my colors. I am going with gray's and black instead of the blue of the real aircraft.

JetCorsair24_zpse8d5c080.jpg

My plan is for this thing to be heavily worn. I used some of the kit decals and some from the extra decals box to get some color on it.

Tomorrow I need to buy something to make a base out of.