New Squadron Webiste

Huh, I hadn't been by in a bit so I hadn't known they revamped it either.

I like the look of it and the functionality seems improved to me.

The previous incarnation of the site was like that as far back as I can recall with minor tweaks and modifications.

I don't deal well with change to familiar websites, so it's going to take some getting used to. They definitely added some functionality, but the new look is going to take some getting used to. They need to bump up the size of thumbnails, and give you the option to sort search results by scale--it didn't seem like they gave you that option anymore. I do like that they give you the option of showing various numbers of results per page, that's a plus.

Curtis

I don't deal well with change to familiar websites, so it's going to take some getting used to. They definitely added some functionality, but the new look is going to take some getting used to. They need to bump up the size of thumbnails, and give you the option to sort search results by scale--it didn't seem like they gave you that option anymore. I do like that they give you the option of showing various numbers of results per page, that's a plus.

Curtis

I think the new site is still under construction. I went to the contact info and it simply has text that says "This is contact information" which screams web page place holder to me.

Hopefully they add the scale to the search functionality as I would think most modelers are looking scale specific in their searches.

Oh great, now Squadron's website looks just like any other website out there. Way to go, squadron!

There are some buttons that look like left over Domino's pizza boxes, I guess these are the "NEXT" buttons, how can anyone tell since it doesn't say actually "next".

Fail.

So, it REALLY needs a "Search by Scale". Yes, one can "Choose a sub-category", and "KITS" or "ACCESSORIES" but then you're forced to also select "JETS - 1/48 SCALE" and "PROP - 1/48 SCALE" and "ROTOR WING - 1/48 SCALE" and and and.

Edited by David N Lombard