#10 Chevy Lumina

Whilst this is my first post here, I'm not 'really' a newbie. Now in my forty-ninth year, I got my first ever kit for my 7th birthday, and even including two marriages and three kids, I've never really stopped - Lucky, eh ??. Well here I am back building 1:24/25 cars instead of my usual 1:48 & 1:32 aircraft, why ?? Well almost five months ago, my family and I left the UK for New Zealand, and whilst we're renting a house here, I simply don't have the room to build, paint and display the 'big stuff', so have defaulted back to my second favourite subjects... NASCAR and Muscle Cars !

So without any more ‘jaw-jaw’ a model that I finished a couple of weeks back, but originally started around eight (probably more) years ago, then put-away because at that time I couldn’t work-out how to resolve the problem of the too translucent ‘white’ decals. It’s Derrike Cope’s Chevy Lumina sponsored by Purolator Filters which won the 1990 Daytona 500, remember it was going to be Earnhardt’s first-time win of that event until he cut a tyre coming in to turn 3 !!

Kit - Monogram

Paint - Mainly Humbrol enamels

Decals - Kit

Extras - None.

Cope1.jpg

Cope2.jpg

Cope3.jpg

Cope4.jpg

Cope5.jpg

As you can see I resolved the problem with the decals by simply cutting up little sections of Tamiya masking-tape and blocking-off the red areas, and respraying the white… if anybody is interested I’ll post the links to another site for the WiP pics. As with every subject that I’ll post here on ARC Autos, I’m happy to take any/all questions, comments and criticism, and am always open to suggestions as to how to do something better. Thanks for taking the time to look.

Ian

• 1 month later...