1/4222 Errant Venture

Some of you may have seen this already, some maybe not...she's a beast of a build! I did this as a contest entry for Scale Model Addict's (SMA) Big Spring Contest and won second place in the sci-fi category!

Base kit is Ertl's 1/4222 Star Destroyer

Add-ons:

AMP's bridge & spine

Hacker's Venator engine nozzles

home-made decal scribing guide

home-made deflector dome replacements (soon to be a product release!)

TONS of fiber optics & LEDs & greeblies

I practically rebuilt the kit by sanding off all raised details, rebuilding the super structure side wall details, building the trenches from scratch, yada yada yada.

If you want to dig through my 2 months of in-progress posts, check them out HERE: http://nicholassagan.wordpress.com/?s=Errant

3-errant_venture_foreportqtr.jpg?w=800

4-errant_venture_forestbqtr.jpg?w=800

1-errant_venture_top.jpg?w=800

2-errant_venture_bottom.jpg?w=800

5-errant_venture_engines.jpg?w=800

6-errant_venture_details.jpg?w=800

wow amazing build!

And interesting choice of building Booster Terriks ship as well! How come you didn't paint it all red (have to admit it looks better your way)? I guess all the addons are your imagination?

I have one old Star Destroyer waiting for a restoration as well - might go down this route :)

• 2 weeks later...
Believe it or not, yes, the poster is in there! The kit includes a decal for the window that is studio accurate. :)

Now that's what I call paying attention to detail, expecially since only the die-hard fans know about it.

Speaking of which, your Errant Venture is flawless! It's hard to believe it started out as the AMT/Ertl kit. I've seen build-ups of the kit that were greatly improved with some creative scratchbuilding and aftermarket parts, but yours definitely tops the list!

Al

• 3 weeks later...