1/48 Hasegawa F-22

Thank you Doughboy, the instructions call for gray missiles like you suggested. I have been impressed with blue sidewinders ever since I saw them once on a super hornet, and once on a tomcat model. So, what I have is very very inaccurate. No bearing to AF at all it seems.

God dude when you say it like that I feel like a *****... Not trying to be a jerk by any measure. The finished product looks great! Certainly better than anything I could roll out. I want to build a Raptor but I'm intimated by the paint which I thought you did very well on. That being said I'm prior AF AMMO and weapons are the first thing I look at. Just trying to help out and pass along what I know. I'm all for taking whatever liberty you want to get a finished product that suits YOUR eye. Hell, some of my munitions are built inaccurate. Again, fantastic execution!

Edited by Doughboy

Everything you said was perfectly fine, I am surprised and sorry you felt that way. Input like yours is what is most useful and I learn tremendously from them. Sorry, maybe I was not clear or my tone came off wrong or something. I sincerely had no issues with what you said. When it comes to camouflage colors, panel colors, decals, ammunition etc., I frequently find myself using my imagination to create something that often looks different than the real thing. I guess in my last post I was trying to convey that my choice was based on fantasy. You had an astute observation all along, and I am very glad you shared it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Having built a Hasegawa Raptor let me congratulate you on a really wonderful job! The paint work is spot on, you captured a lot of the subtle weathering of the F-22 as well as the faint metallic sheen. People give the F-22 a lot of flak, but I think its actually a pretty sharp looking jet and certainly not easy to pull off a good finish either.