Difference between BF2C-1 & Hawk III for 1/32" conversion

I am looking for information on the difference between the Curtiss BF2C-1 Goshawk and the export model of the Hawk III for a 1/32" conversion. I do know that the engine cowling was longer and more round in the front as the exhaust were also different. The wings were of wood constrution instead of metal, but that is all the info I have so far. I was wonderingif there is a conversion for the Hawk III in 1/32" scale ?

RHanes

• 7 months later...

I haven't seen anything in my research so far. It would be nice to know, for sure. Wasn't the Hawk III the export version of the BF2C?

I would love to see more decal sheets, photoetch sets, and resin conversions for the 32nd scale aircraft from the pre WWII era...Hasegawa, Monogram, Williams Bros, etc, etc..... :D

Cheers, Ian

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

The only thing that I have uncovered is that the engine was changed to a Wright SR-1820F-53 and that the wing structure reverted to being of wood. I believe that Mike West of Lone Star Models is working on a resin set to convert the old Hasegawa 1/32 scale Curtiss BF2C-1 into the export Hawk III. I have no idea when it might be available but it would be something that I would be very interested in since this is one of my favorite aircraft.

Horrido!

Leo

I am looking for information on the difference between the Curtiss BF2C-1 Goshawk and the export model of the Hawk III for a 1/32" conversion. I do know that the engine cowling was longer and more round in the front as the exhaust were also different. The wings were of wood constrution instead of metal, but that is all the info I have so far. I was wonderingif there is a conversion for the Hawk III in 1/32" scale ?

RHanes

From the 'Curtiss Fighter Aircraft' book.....older wooden framed wing structure....3 bladed propeller.....improved cowling (18 inches deep)....short stack exhaust....no tail hook....WrightSR 1820-53 Cyclone supercharged...360 degree swiveling tail wheel.

BUT....and there is always a but. There were at least 9 differnt variations of the III sold all around the world so there may be some detail differences between one and another all according to which III you opt for. Flypaper

Flypaper

aecuthawkuc0.jpg