CD48023 - T-45 Goshawk - Part 1

I just sent my first T-45 Goshawk decal sheet to the printers earlier today. I changed my Goshawk release plans somewhat to accelerate the release schedule. The first sheet, CD48023, will have the following:

-T-45 BuNo.165080, VX-23 "Strike Test", first biofuel T-45 flight markings

-T-45 BuNo.167099, VT-21 "Redhawks" CO's aircraft

This sheet will be printed by Cartograf and will be ready by the time the kit is out. Other Goshawk sheets and related surprises will follow, more on these soon.

cd48023profiles.jpg

cd48023tn.jpg

Awesome! When will these be available for purchase Kursad?

This sheet will be available in less than a month, hopefully at the same time as the Kinetic kit. I will send another sheet to be printed tomorrow, and post the announcement on Saturday. My goal is to have at least two sheets in the market by the time the kit is out there, and perhaps one or two more later. There will also be a bonus sheet for the first 200 folks who preorder or buy any T-45 sheet, so please watch this space!

Any chance for 1/72? I'd love to do both of these schemes.

Come to think of it, did I send you the reference photos I have of these birds?

-Dave

Hi Dave,

The Italeri kit is now pretty difficult to find. I would imagine a lot of people have it in their stashes though, so a 1/72 sheet with 3-4 schemes makes sense. I will add this to the "to do" list; but I don't think it will be this year though.

About the photos: I had all the photos I needed for this and other schemes on my upcoming Goshawk sheets, but I could always use more photos to clarify a couple things for the instruction sheet. This sheet is now in the able hands of Cartograf anyway, I don't think it requires any modifications. I started working on the T-45 sheets back in March, so I accumulated a vast amount of research material in addition to photographing some of the aircraft in person.

Hi Dave,

The Italeri kit is now pretty difficult to find. I would imagine a lot of people have it in their stashes though, so a 1/72 sheet with 3-4 schemes makes sense. I will add this to the "to do" list; but I don't think it will be this year though.

About the photos: I had all the photos I needed for this and other schemes on my upcoming Goshawk sheets, but I could always use more photos to clarify a couple things for the instruction sheet. This sheet is now in the able hands of Cartograf anyway, I don't think it requires any modifications. I started working on the T-45 sheets back in March, so I accumulated a vast amount of research material in addition to photographing some of the aircraft in person.

Ahem, interesting "research" you have there, I'll have to look into those particular BuNo's further... :coolio:

I'll send you a link to my pics of the Redhawk bird. I thought I had a couple of the biofuel one, but I couldn't find them. One of the guys in my club actually works on that program and he was able to provide some info as to crew names for one of the decal guys. I thought it was you, but it might have been one of the other ones. I get so cornfuzed sometimes...

-Dave

One of the guys in my club actually works on that program and he was able to provide some info as to crew names for one of the decal guys. I thought it was you, but it might have been one of the other ones. I get so cornfuzed sometimes...

I think it was me, a few months back when I first started working on the Goshawk series. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I am curious what your references show KursadA. When I took photos of this aircraft at the P-cola airshow last November the canopy look like the photo below.

IMG_4598.jpg

Photo by me.

Wondering if there had been a canopy change at some point and the center cross bar didn't get repainted. Either way, I think I would still paint the canopy bars black anyhow, I think it will look a lot better and easier to do it that way.

Thanks In Advance For The Information.

KiowaFixer

I am curious what your references show KursadA. When I took photos of this aircraft at the P-cola airshow last November the canopy look like the photo below.

Wondering if there had been a canopy change at some point and the center cross bar didn't get repainted. Either way, I think I would still paint the canopy bars black anyhow, I think it will look a lot better and easier to do it that way.

The center canopy frame is not painted, it is a mistake in the profile. Thanks for pointing it out; I will fix it sometime today.

The center canopy frame is not painted, it is a mistake in the profile. Thanks for pointing it out; I will fix it sometime today.

Thank You for the information. I will probably still paint the whole frame black, just was hoping for back up confirmation if I were to ever get a wild hair to enter it into a contest.

Thanks Again,

KiowaFixer

• 2 weeks later...

Cartograf shipped these decals to me today! I should have them within a couple days, but I still need to finish the instruction manuals and I don't think I can ship them before the 7th or so. But the decals are almost here, and I will share photos when I get the shipment in a couple of days.

• 1 month later...