1/48 Monogram A-4F

Here is one of my most recent builds. It's the old Monogram kit from the 70's with raised panel lines. I rescribed and riveted the entire kit and added the KMC set, True Detail seat, Steel Beach intake covers, Eduard, CAM Decals and some scratch building. I would also like to thank John Bibay for graciously donating the hump from his Hasegawa kit - I put it to good use! I plan on submitting a build article to Model Airplane Int'l so for that reason I only posted 3 images. I hope you enjoy the pics and thanks for l@@king!

Best Regards,

Cyrus

P1010082.jpg

P1010076.jpg

P1010079.jpg

Very nice. The old Monogram kits do build up nicely.

Just curious, but why'd you use a Hasegawa hump rather than the one Monogram inluded in the kit? Is there some major flaw with the Monogram one?

Edited by Joe Hegedus

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it.

The old Monogram kits do build up nicely.

They really do and the fit for this kit was pretty good too!

Just curious, but why'd you use a Hasegawa hump rather than the one Monogram inluded in the kit? Is there some major flaw with the Monogram one?

The hump in the Monogram kit looked a bit too wide and squat. The one from the Hasegawa kit just looked more accurate in my eye.

I didn't know you were even doing this one! Dude! This is fantastic. I have two of these in my patio storage. Soon as I'm done with my other current projects I want to break em out again

Thanks man! I had it on the back burner for a while until I decided to finish it.

The hump in the Monogram kit looked a bit too wide and squat. The one from the Hasegawa kit just looked more accurate in my eye.

Fair enough. Gotta do what looks right to your eyes! I'd guess that we've all done that at one time or another for the same reason.

• 4 weeks later...