1/72 F-102 plans

Meng Models announced a new tool 1/72 F-102 kit this morning. Will I do something about this? Absolutely. I was already planning a scaled-down version of the ANG F-102 sheet as a limited release; but a brand-new tooled kit changes things. I plan an expanded F-102 sheet with a 2-3 options from the ANG artwork I already have, plus markings for one or two active USAF units, and options for both foreign operators (Turkey & Greece). Expect some initial artwork here this weekend.

Man, I've been wanting your Hawaii ANG decals ever since you were known as Kedi decals. PLEASE include those! I think George Bush's bird ( lol!) would be good too. I can then put it alongside Senior Bush's Grumman Avenger from Hasegawa which I have in my stash.

Ooh, Ooh! Don't forget the NASA ones too!

Meng Models announced a new tool 1/72 F-102 kit this morning. Will I do something about this? Absolutely. I was already planning a scaled-down version of the ANG F-102 sheet as a limited release; but a brand-new tooled kit changes things. I plan an expanded F-102 sheet with a 2-3 options from the ANG artwork I already have, plus markings for one or two active USAF units, and options for both foreign operators (Turkey & Greece). Expect some initial artwork here this weekend.

How about doing a couple Vietnam era birds as well? I'd be good for a couple sheets. Or better yet do a double set with F102's and F104C's from Vietnam.

gary

Allow me to throw in another vote for the great idea that JackMan had suggested - NASA!!!!! As far as I know none of the other aftermarket decal makers have announced a NASA F-102 scheme to go along with the more usual ANG markings AND this fits in well with the occasional NASA markings on Caracal decal sheets. :pray:

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

Allow me to throw in another vote for the great idea that JackMan had suggested - NASA!!!!! As far as I know none of the other aftermarket decal makers have announced a NASA F-102 scheme to go along with the more usual ANG markings AND this fits in well with the occasional NASA markings on Caracal decal sheets. :pray:

Have fun modeling!

Mike

:cheers:

Oooh I support that one

• 2 weeks later...

When the 82nd FIS came across the Pacific post Pueblo Crisis, some of the camo birds had the 82nd insignia painted on the fin with the ADC insignia on the other side. Black outline only, no color. Photos were taken in Japan.

You could also still see the attachment points for the air to air refueling piping.

Best wishes,

Grant