Stridsvagn m/38

Hi guys, I built this one out of Hobbyboss nice Toldi kit.

DSC1746.jpg

DSC1749.jpg

The aluminium tube "barrel placeholder" was replaced with a resin barrel made by a friend.

DSC1781.jpg

DSC1784.jpg

DSC1777.jpg

DSC1776.jpg

Since these photos were taken, I have added the tow chain, seen on the pre-paint images, and an Aber .30 cal barrel coaxial to the gun.

Please fire away! It will go to a competition tomorrow, so if there is anything really bad about it, I might fix it tonight :-)

Very nice work!

Did you add some paint scratches from the tow chain rubbing around on the back of the tank? That would look to be about the only possible 'miss' IMHO.

What are style tracks came with that kit? Rubber band, link-and-length, or indy links? Nice job on the way they lay.

Curtis

The tracks are the weakest point of the kit, they are single links, and they do not fit together very well.. nothing that some brute force could not overcome, but still, it´s not like they are building themselves..

Thanks for the tip regarding the chain, I´ll see what I can do!

/E

You mean the kit I started on more than ten years ago? Well, you got a point there. Maybe I should do that. On the other hand, there are so many lovely Strv 122s built already, so I can't really compete :-)

I'll have to finish my Strf 9040C first, so maybe I can have something for 08-Open :-)

The Dominican tanks were former swedish Stridsvagn m/40K. They are similar to m/38 but different enough that you would have to do some more plasticard surgery to make an exact replica.

So yes, the toldi kit is a good base for a Dominican tank, but it is far from an out of the box build. I plan to build an m/40K too in the future, and I'll start from the toldi kit.

• 3 months later...