Hi Bryan,

Thanks for sharing your Sufa here. She's a treat to see. Your attention to detail really pays off. The interior of the jet nozzle is superb and looks very realistic. Another great effect is the rainbow hue on the canopy glazing. That looks awesome. Whether by accident or design it's as real as I've ever seen :thumbsup:

I also like the way you've animated the crew. All in all, a splendid job, well done :worship:

I really love these brutish Vipers and if Tamiya ever do a two-holer I think I might give one a go. (Probably a Greek one for me though)

Cheers,

:cheers:

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for sharing your Sufa here. She's a treat to see. Your attention to detail really pays off. The interior of the jet nozzle is superb and looks very realistic. Another great effect is the rainbow hue on the canopy glazing. That looks awesome. Whether by accident or design it's as real as I've ever seen :thumbsup:

I also like the way you've animated the crew. All in all, a splendid job, well done :worship:

I really love these brutish Vipers and if Tamiya ever do a two-holer I think I might give one a go. (Probably a Greek one for me though)

Cheers,

:cheers:

I hear ya, I really wish Tamiya would come out with a two seater. By the way they designed it, you would think it wouldn't take much to do it.

And thanks everyone for nice complements!!!

I hear ya, I really wish Tamiya would come out with a two seater. By the way they designed it, you would think it wouldn't take much to do it.

And thanks everyone for nice complements!!!

Oh and the canopy looks like that partially because I sand it inside and out with micro mesh and dip it in future after it's done. Takes a long time but it's worth it in the end. At least that's what I tell myself after hours of sanding!

Wow! Great build and photography...the underside shots you showed are especially amazing. I also noticed the iridescent effect on the canopy - thanks for the Micromesh tip on that. Alexander Rogal ("Eastern" on ARC) used a similar technique on his 1/32 F/A-18D canopy with similar results to yours...so, big problem solved, for me at least ! Awesome!

I'd love to see some sunlit (outdoor) shots of this; the combination of natural light with the realism of this model would certainly yield 'fool-the-eye' results.

Here're a couple more with the support rod shopped out (I'll of course edit these out if you don't 'likey'...):

sufa1edit2_zps7ae70739.jpg

sufa2edit1_zpse83145ef.jpg

Again, great work and photos, looking forward to more!

- Rob

Hey Rob,

It's been awhile since I've looked at this thread so thanks for commenting. The Micro mesh really works well for me but care has to be taken so it doesn't break. AND big thanks for the photoshop pix!!! If I get a chance, I'll try to take some natural light photos and post them.

Bryan