So I have no real idea what m first model was. At least nothing has smacked me in the face yet as being the one I remember. I have about 4-5 I really remember from building when I was 10-12 or so. This is one of them so I thought I'd build it here.

A3E90F39-E195-41E0-8220-E3B240EB4ED8-4638-0000060842A33D4F_zps1b2b9a4b.jpg

If you're not familiar with this kit I think it's one of the better SW AMT kits. It's pretty simple but when complete really looks like its out of te movie.

I won't be changing it or adding anything and will just build it oob. It's basically two builds. The figure and the bike. I'm going to start with the figure.

6 pieces in all. Very simple but decently detailed for the size. I'm thinking 1/10th maybe? He looks a little big for my Tamiya Ducatti on the shelf. Anyway I cut off all the locating pins because they try to make the figure like a snap tight and that's no good. After about 15 minutes of applying glue and pressure Ive got the main carcass together.

46F9ABDC-E4EE-45FD-92EC-10186E0085DE-4638-000006083AB95F2B_zpsa07d0a91.jpg

Lots of sanding but no gaps that I can see so not bad. Most if the areas are fabric so sanding is easy too!

Arms have yet to be glued.

4D693AC8-E1B3-4232-B151-577CB05F974A-4638-0000060830E120FF_zps6462a316.jpg

Edited by Bigasshammm

Nope I always like B-17s and knew my grandfather flew on them for he lost part but I never knew his history till I discovered it all just last year.

There's probably five models I remember vividly from my youth.

Tamiya Ducati 888 superbike (I've already rebuilt this one)

One of the Tamiya mclaren mp4/4,5,7 whatever. I can't remember whih one exactly. (own all of these)

The Speederbike

The batmobile with removable engine from the first modern Batman movies. (would love to et another one of these)

And the monogram A-10 with verlinden set. (but I was older for that one)

So really not many aircraft. I know I did the revell F-14 several times when I was younger. Didn't enjoy it then wouldn't enjoy it now. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well for whatever reason I just can't get into this kit. Probably will be putting it back on the shelf. It's sat on the bench while I've worked on various things and I've done some work to it but otherwise it's not compelling me to finish. Alas.