Shuttle fly-by in SoCal

Hey ARCers,

I'm watching the shuttle arriving at Edwards, and I'm curious about tomorrow's fly-bys. I'm wonderin', is anyone in SoCal going out to watch it? If so, where ya goin'?

I'm considering going out to see it and I have a few options. I'm just trying to figure out which one would be best. (Hmm...I wonder if I could see it during one of its flybys and make it to LAX to see the arrival?)

Anyway, I'm just askin'...

Cheers,

-O

Edited by oortiz10

I haven't seen any sort of schedule posted, but I've heard that as long as you're at one of the spots between 10:30 & 11:30, you won't miss it.

-O

Going to be on top platform of Griffith Observatory, waiting for 10:30 flyover.

Endeavor was 90 minutes late, but it did two passes instead of one. First pass was in V formation with two NASA F/A-18s at its sides, second was done in line abreast with Hornets flying starboard of carrier. As of 12:51pm Pacific Endeavor is safely on the ground at LAX. Unfortunately, I was not able to make any good quality shots, my new telescopic lens didn't work in today's unusually humid and hot weather(.

Edited by K-5

Great photos! Here's a couple of mine. I was at Griffith Park Observatory as well. Arrived before 0500, but it was well worth it. Didn't see this thread until just now. When I'm done editing (which may take a while), all my shots will be up on my website (see link in my signature). Enjoy!

133342_469809699705971_952677814_o.jpg

576919_469804269706514_1888932964_n.jpg