1/48 Monogram A-10A Warthog

Cryus, your welcome. As we all learn from each other so that's why I gave my feed. Not that I'm better modeler then you or anything. In fact, I enjoy your work. The F-18 Adversary you posted last year I enjoyed it a lot and ended up saving the pics in my cool models folder. Anyways, thanks for sharing your work.

Stunning work Cyrus and it looked amazing at Nats!! Wish I'd had more time at the show to bump into you but the family entourage was more interested in Disney than plastic....go figure :whistle:

Congrats on your well deserved awards! :cheers:

Congrats and beautiful work - been waiting to see some good pics of this.

Any chance you will be updating your In-Progress pics with other images of the A-10 pre-paint (without interfering with requirements for the published article)? Be keen to see how you did some of it as have the same kit to do down the track at some stage. The Monogram kit is still superior to the CopyBoss and/or Italeri kits in so many respects.

Thanks everyone!

Stunning work Cyrus and it looked amazing at Nats!! Wish I'd had more time at the show to bump into you but the family entourage was more interested in Disney than plastic....go figure

Congrats on your well deserved awards!

Thanks Brian! Same here - my wife came along and Disney was the primary adgenda. I spent a total of 3 hrs at the convention. 2 hrs in the contest room and 1 hr in the vendor room :crying:. I don't feel so bad now that I wasn't the only one.

Congrats and beautiful work - been waiting to see some good pics of this.

Any chance you will be updating your In-Progress pics with other images of the A-10 pre-paint (without interfering with requirements for the published article)? Be keen to see how you did some of it as have the same kit to do down the track at some stage. The Monogram kit is still superior to the CopyBoss and/or Italeri kits in so many respects.

Thanks Craig! I agree... the Monogram Hog is still the king of the hill and I even mentioned that in the article. Btw, instead of updating the WIP thread I thought it would be easier to see them in this thread. Kind of like a prequel so to speak. Here are a few progress shots that were not published. If anything, these shots will supplement what's already in the mag. Enjoy! :cheers:

P1010001-copy.jpg

P1010007-copy.jpg

P1010009-copy.jpg

P1010011-copy.jpg

P1010005-copy.jpg

P1010004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

great work bro!! I have a question: the pictures, did you take them or was it the magazine's photographer? just wondering. Anyway the A-10 is in my video that I'm uploading on Youtube as I type this, go to YouTube and type coladito1 or OrangeCon 2012........ this plane is a work of art, nuff said. :)

great work bro!! I have a question: the pictures, did you take them or was it the magazine's photographer? just wondering. Anyway the A-10 is in my video that I'm uploading on Youtube as I type this, go to YouTube and type coladito1 or OrangeCon 2012........ this plane is a work of art, nuff said.

Thanks again bro and thanks for the inclusion to your youtube video! I'll have to check it out. I took the photos myself. I'm pretty sure all model magazines require their contributors to provide their own pics as well as their own text.

:cheers:

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Love the primer but i think mine looks just a wee bit better.

I think I found the perfect smiley for this! :shoot:

And one question... Is the A-10 Revell better than A-10 from HobbyBoss?

Manuel - Personally... I think it is, but it depends on what you're looking for. The overall shape of the Monogram kit is still more accurate than the HB kit, but the fit is not the greatest and those dreaded raised panel lines turn people off. The HB kit, on the other hand, seems to fit better, but the shape is not as accurate. My guess is most modelers would probably compromise accuracy for a better fitting kit and choose the HB kit for a more pleasant build? Besides, recessed panel lines are much more desirable than raised ones. I think the same arguement can be said about the F-100 and the F-105 from Monogram and HB. Just my opinion.

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...