C-130 with forward firing ordnance

I saw this at work today and thought it was interesting. Note the hellfire missile and the targeting instruments integrated into the external fuel tank. I haven't researched this aircraft yet but I can only assume that there is a booth inside much like the AC-130s because they never lowered the ramp. It's hard to tellin the photo but both inboard engines are running, note the feathered outboard prop.

a4cd9dcac2952d190b9735a6f52a0244_zps88a62812.jpg

Hey

Yes, the Harvest Hawk has deployed:

110501-M-MF699-001-1_zpsdaca8390.jpg

In addition to Hellfire, it can fire Griffin missiles from the ramp (Note the HF and Griffin missiles in the pic). It has a TSS from the AH-1Z in the rear of an ext tank. (Not really a fuel tank, just looks like one) Very cool.

Phil

Hey-

The picture I posted is from www.marines.mil, and was dated May of last year, so it looks like they have been busy. Many of the pics of the Harvest Hawk on that site are of the aircraft in Afghanistan. So I would guess that they are not just training shots.

Regards,

Phil

Hey-

The picture I posted is from www.marines.mil, and was dated May of last year, so it looks like they have been busy. Many of the pics of the Harvest Hawk on that site are of the aircraft in Afghanistan. So I would guess that they are not just training shots.

Regards,

Phil

Deployed operationally since mid-2010...

John Hairell (tpn18@yahoo.com)