Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

Now I'd like to show you something "fancy", maybe the very first try in model kit products.

Please check them with your eyes and the formal products will just be much nicer. :woot.gif:

13.jpg

14.jpg

Cheers,

Yufei

The details on these missiles are just fantastic :woot.gif: ! Looks better than resin !

Edited by toniosky

Now I'd like to show you something "fancy", maybe the very first try in model kit products.

Please check them with your eyes and the formal products will just be much nicer. :woot.gif:

13.jpg

Cheers,

Yufei

:jaw-dropping: Someone needs to call 911, I can't pick up my jaw from the floor!!!

Edited by Inquisitor

13.jpg

14.jpg

WoW! those missiles are totally Awesome!

it seems involving state-of-the-art molding techniques.

and promise an hassle-free modeling time! awesome! :worship:

won't have to spend countless hours to line-up all those fins... which is a great advantage, even over finer-detailed resin products!

Edited by mingwin

The details on these missiles are just fantastic :woot.gif: ! Looks better than resin !

I think it's not really the looks what's mentioned by Haneto as being interesting here, but that the missile is molded as a complete one - i.e. I can't remember seeing the R-27 missiles with all the wings molded on before..

That will sure ease up the construction and painting..

Edited by ijozic

5way sliding mold is pretty ground breaking!

just one thing has me worried haneto.

the plastic looks a bit grainy and similar to the plastic used by trumpeter on their last releases (SU-30 mig-23) which in my opinion is a bit to soft.

can you comment on this?

Had a look at their site too. It shows the current decals on offer. I am not sure but I think in the past they did have a sheet with the old markings but I am not 100% and if it is not there in their shop then most probably it is no longer available.

In the early 90's I made the photos for their decal sheet but what came in the end from it I don't know. It could have been only a 72nd scale version.

The history of the MiG-29 in Hungarian service was very interesting and I was fortunate enough to be there in Kusovskaja (in Russia) for the pilot conversion training all the way to the last “landing†of No.18 when it was delivered to Szolnok on a trailer this June. It is sad that the Fulcrum is gone and it is a criminal waste of resources but that is another story . . .

Best regards

Gabor

Peter Toth produced pre-2003 HuAF MiG-29 decals in 1/72 and 1/48 scales for his TOFF line. They are ALPs printed, and thus somewhat delicate, but the detail is unmatched. The sheet also includes a couple of zaps applied to Major Vary's MiG-29 during his first visit to the RIAT in the UK (e.g. Royal Navy white ensign on the port intake, etc.).

If this company produces a line of jets with this same quality shown here, then quite a few of the established companies will suffer greatly unless they jack up their ideas, and fast. In a sense it saddens me that we have to put up with kits tooled in the eighties when these photos show what's possible today.

Here is the Kimov RD-33 engines for the Fulcrum.

Yes, it is a bit smaller in order to fix into the fuselage and also with some fictional details because we cannot get enough references and also due to the limit of molding techniques.

But they are still look good enough, aren't they? :thumbsup:

09_zpse90edcf5.jpg

10_zpsd26bfd02.jpg

11_zps2491da8e.jpg

12_zpsc71b2e68.jpg

Holy cow!!!! :jaw-dropping:

These things can be installed inside the plane with fuselage parts glued?????

If yes I see many people thinking of a dio with engines in the process of

removal or installation...

Will you include scafolds for the engines?

Edited by mirrage

Missiles looks excellent. :thumbsup:

One question Yufei, is it possible to have the engine on display, and at same time have everything "closed up" on the aircraft? Meaning there will be one extra nozzle, and one extra flameholder/afterburner parts.

Look forward to see 9.13, hope GW didn't forget it has modified wingtips! :woot.gif: SMT would need a new cockpit as well, but it would still be easier/less costly than UB. And if you need references on SMT, i can of course help out.

Do you know the answer to those two questions Yufei? Thanks.

Peter Toth produced pre-2003 HuAF MiG-29 decals in 1/72 and 1/48 scales for his TOFF line. They are ALPs printed, and thus somewhat delicate, but the detail is unmatched. The sheet also includes a couple of zaps applied to Major Vary's MiG-29 during his first visit to the RIAT in the UK (e.g. Royal Navy white ensign on the port intake, etc.).

Yes that first RIAT win was fantastic, he got the prize on Sunday night, we were on the plane home Monday morning, the cut version of the interview and the flight program was used on Hungarian TV Monday night. It was fun! Yes and we still had a true air force in those days!

Best regards

Gabor

P.s. Going back to the missiles, they are great and just hope that they will be even better in the final product!

If this company produces a line of jets with this same quality shown here, then quite a few of the established companies will suffer greatly unless they jack up their ideas, and fast. In a sense it saddens me that we have to put up with kits tooled in the eighties when these photos show what's possible today.

Exactly what I thought after I saw the first pics of the GWH MiG-29! The list of popular and good selling kits of 1:48 jets is very big. The newcomers Kitty Hawk and Pilot Replicas are bringing fresh wind in the scene and may be accelerate the release of new subjects.

To me, newly tooled Su-17/22, MiG-23BN, Mirage IIIE/5 (scheduled by Pilot Replicas), Viggen and late series F-4E and -G would be highly appreciated.

Yeah but I don't know why so many people like the MiG-31. It's grey, it has only ex-Soviet countries markings, it look less brutish than the MiG-25. I find the Su-17/22 a lot more interesting personally.

For heaven' sakes, how about a new 1/72 Su-7? The old KP kit was OK for its time, but...

Or how about if GWH make this engines movable? you can fix on or pull out the engines from the fuslage any time you want ?

It's pretty clear to me that GWH is at the testshot debugging stage now, not at the design stage anymore. I don't see how this could be done anyway: the accessory gearbox would prevent moving the engine around.

Or how about if GWH make this engines movable? you can fix on or pull out the engines from the fuslage any time you want ?

That would just be too complex. I can only imagine Tamiya maybe pulling it off. Besides, imho, this is static models, not some diecasts with moveable parts.