Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

Well if the missiles are tooled in pairs here's hoping for a new tool accurate SU-27....now that would be something to jump about!

With molds this good, GWH should release Archer and Alamo and R-60 as separate weapons sets. Would make great replacement option to those who don't want pay a fortune for Miniarm sets or running low on Tally-Ho ones.

Well if the missiles are tooled in pairs here's hoping for a new tool accurate SU-27....now that would be something to jump about!

as great as those missiles are, GWH would needs to do R-27ET and R-27ER to equip a Su-27 decently.

only then, they could make a "modern Russian AA missiles set"... which would be Great!

as great as those missiles are, GWH would needs to do R-27ET and R-27ER to equip a Su-27 decently.

only then, they could make a "modern Russian AA missiles set"... which would be Great!

They already have CAD, all they need is to add "fatty" booster section. I'd add elusive R-77 to the list, as well as some A2G if they are going to continue line up with 9-17 or 9-47.

Hi guys!

Sorry for me silence, just too busy with my daily work(a bank manager) and debugging the kit at nights. :wacko:

Do you know the answer to those two questions Yufei? Thanks.

Yes, there will be two entire engines and if you choose to close the engine bay, then you only need to add the nozzles because they are seperat parts of course.

There're no extra nozzles so you choose only to apply them on engines or directly on the fuselage.

I think that could meet most common case? :coolio:

Engines could be shown installed in fuselage with seperate engine panel,

or to be shown alown beside the aircraft.

We planned to apply you an engine trolly car at first, but found there's no space for more parts so had to give that up.

Sorry... :crying2:

Do we have any idea of the price point yet?

Sorry still have no idea.

It's the boss' job, right? :whistle:

There will be R-77 missiles, but not for the 9-12.

On the other hand, PTB-1150 and PTB-1500 fuel tanks will be also included. :cheers:

Yufei

Hi guys!

Sorry for me silence, just too busy with my daily work(a bank manager) and debugging the kit at nights. :wacko:

There will be R-77 missiles, but not for the 9-12.

On the other hand, PTB-1150 and PTB-1500 fuel tanks will be also included. :cheers:

Yufei

Is there a 9.13 in the works!!!!?????? Please!!!

In all honesty, if there are future Fulcrums in the works can we pleas just stick to versions that are in service? I mean the MiG-29 SMT is really cool but how many are there?? 2 maybe 3. Just my opinion....

Thanks Yufei for being the point person on this?

In all honesty, if there are future Fulcrums in the works can we pleas just stick to versions that are in service? I mean the MiG-29 SMT is really cool but how many are there?? 2 maybe 3.

You do realize SMT 9.19 is operational in RuAF? And And India will upgrade all their MiG-29's to UPG standard, which is 9.19 SMT with a few more goodies. Those are with the "broken" spine. There is also SMT's operational in Yemen, but that one is 9.18, without the spine. So 9.12 can be used to be converted to those. And even more, Peru recently converted some of their Fulcrums (9.13's) to "SMT" although those have original spine still. So it depends really *which* SMT version you mean. As there is plenty to choose from. :)

R-77 wasn't used on 9.13. It could be used on 9.14, but that was never put in production. So this smells like SMT or something even more evolved...

Aha! So there will be more variants to come.

Is there a 9.13 in the works!!!!?????? Please!!!

In all honesty, if there are future Fulcrums in the works can we pleas just stick to versions that are in service? I mean the MiG-29 SMT is really cool but how many are there?? 2 maybe 3. Just my opinion....

Thanks Yufei for being the point person on this?

Please read the previous posts guys. Your answers are already there.

Yes, there will be two entire engines and if you choose to close the engine bay, then you only need to add the nozzles because they are seperat parts of course.

There're no extra nozzles so you choose only to apply them on engines or directly on the fuselage.

I think that could meet most common case? :coolio:

Engines could be shown installed in fuselage with seperate engine panel,

or to be shown alown beside the aircraft.

We planned to apply you an engine trolly car at first, but found there's no space for more parts so had to give that up.

Sorry... :crying2:

Yufei

Thank you for the answer. So this means either/or. Can't have closed up aircraft with nozzles installed and an engine on display. (with nozzle anyway) Oh well, not a big deal. :)

Look carefully on this operational Sudan AF 9.13. It's carry AKU-170 pylon which mean it did carry R-77. IMHO, Peruvian, Indian and Malaysian Mig-29SE 9.12 are wired for R-77.

Good point, i was thinking of RuAF ones, exports are harder to keep track of. But it is very doubtfully that Sudan has R-77 in service, considering there were made only around 200 of them, and are only found in RuAF and IAF. RVV-AE, possibly. I haven't seen any proof Peruvian ones could carry RVV-AE pre update they got recently, same goes for the rest. Could be possible Indian 9.12's were, but either way, they will all be soon with the UPG upgrade.

As for the Polish MiG-29A "commemorative scheme" decals, I gathered enough reference photos and info to make a start on drawing the artwork for those decals and fully intended to produce them, but I was informed by one of my reference providers that another company had already started making them. However that was a few months ago, shortly after RIAT and well before anyone knew that the G.W.H. kit was coming.

I do hope that those decals will really appear as otherwise I'd be disappointed for not being able to build that model AND having missed out on having a potentially well-selling product...

$89.95 seem just about right to me, plus it right in line with the current MSRP of the Hasy 1/48 Tomcats and Hornets, as well as other recent fast jet kits... (including the Eduard profipak Mig29 and Su27) If the kit is a nice as the CAD drawings and test shots suggests, I think were in for a treat.

Just saw over at Cybermodeller, price is $89.95!! That's friggin ridiculous sorry I ain't gonna pay that much.

this mean that it will be available for about 55$ USD (+shipping) in HK retailers like LuckyModels ...when available there.

it's my guestimate base on annouced MSRP VS. Reality (at LM) for their 1/48 P-61

Edited by mingwin

Does anybody what the deal is regarding the 1/144 Vulcan? They list it as a Great Wall Hobby release. However, the same artwork and pics of the model were used in a number of places when Pit-Road announced a 1/144 Vulcan a while back. :unsure:

I just said the same thing when I saw 87 octane gas for $4.04 a gallon...

But I bet you still did :D

Try 5.12 for ethanol free R91. <_<

The price is actually in the ballpark of a new quarter scale jet model, especially if we out to consider GWH's clear nose P-61, which, having, ahem, a few issues, sells for 89-95 USD without much complaining. I doubt you could attempt to fix many of Acad's Fulcrum faults and fit within 100USD budget.

I expected this price considering how CAD drawings looked like and current high prices, it will be around 50USD on LM and HEasy...and I already sold all my MiG-29 aftermarket and 2 Academy kits + Eduard UB, I think I had all aftermarket ever released.

I got the cash for 3 GWH kits so it is ok with me .... it is cheaper than Academy +aftermarket and it will be faster build. I have come to age when time for building kits is very important in the equation

P