Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

I think it's an optional part, the fact that the strakes and the chaff dispensers over the wings are included as separate parts tells me that it is possible to build it as an early 9-12 with the strakes, and a late or "standard" 9-12. This is good as it allows a couple interesting early 9-12 decal subjects..

Agreed, there are many interesting versions on the Begemot sheet for these early 9-12s!! Maybe I missed it, but do we know a ballpark price on this guy?

cheers,

Mike

Sorry, but did you read the last post? Ballpark $75 +sh.

No. I didn't make it to the end before I posted. Guess that teaches me to read through before asking.... $75 seems like a bit much for a mig, until I start thinking of all the AM I bought for the academy kit....

No. I didn't make it to the end before I posted. Guess that teaches me to read through before asking.... $75 seems like a bit much for a mig, until I start thinking of all the AM I bought for the academy kit....

Bear in mind that's the HLJ price, which will be inclusive of the swingeing import taxes foreign products attract when they enter Japan. I would wait to see the price from some of the other places like lucky model or hobby easy in Hong Kong when they get them. I'd expect them to be significantly less than the HLJ price.

Edited by Dmanton300

Bear in mind that's the HLJ price, which will be inclusive of the swingeing import taxes foreign products attract when they enter Japan. I would wait to see the price from some of the other places like lucky model or hobby easy in Hong Kong when they get them. I'd expect them to be significantly less than the HLJ price.

If it falls into the $50-60 range, then I'll definitely have a new favorite model kit!!

This kit redefine the standards of scale modeling. I hope the fit of this kit is good too. The price is very reasonable, considering the kit saves you the cost of buying details set (photoetch, resin, wheels, even the stencils). No more overpriced kits that are re-packing of old kits of Russian subjects.

no no... 1/48 J-20 and F-35C :D

Yes, yes... the MiG-31 :)

F-35C will come from KittyHawk, anyway; the 1/48 J-20.. I'd like to have an injection molded release (i.e. cheaper than the HPH resin one), but I'd also rather wait till it gets into production and get a kit of the operational model with weapons and all, rather than getting a prototype now and an incorrect service model repack later on (not saying it has to come out that way, just afraid that it might).

Edited by ijozic

Sorry I forgot to take pcitures of the cockpit.

The instruction panel is also very detailed and bottons, etc. are designed one by one comparing with the real cockpit photos.

Please check the instruction sheet instead.

You can try to put me off all you like, Yufei, I STILL WANT ONE!!! :woot.gif:

Thank you all for your inputs, guys.

Yesterday the formal product version finally arrived in my hands.

Some pics to share with you!

Box is much bigger than my expectation, and quite sturdy.

I was told it's the same size of their 1/48 P-61 ones.

F00.jpg

Compared with my I am a spammer, please report this post..

F01.jpg

F02.jpg

Contents. Plastic sprues, photo-etched parts, film clear part, decal, box art leaf,...

You can find the clear parts are very well protected, and especially worth remindind is the vacform box for the missiles.

My first time to see such method to protect the precious parts.

Good job!!

F03.jpg

F04.jpg

F05.jpg

F06.jpg

F07.jpg

F08.jpg

Edited by haneto

Instruction sheet.

To be honest, since it was finished in a hash to carry up the Christmas schedule, maybe there'll be some little miss.

Please feel free to let us know and we will modify it in the next version surely.

F09.jpg

F10.jpg

Box art leaf with GWH special made file clip.

F11.jpg

Another surprise I found in the production version is that the details are even sharper than version 2.0

What's most inspiring is the injection pins have also been improved to the minimum effect.

Ver. 2.0:

03.jpg

Ver. Production:

F12.jpg

Thanks for the quick feedbacks, buddies.

By the way, the cockpit side where canopy meets the fuselage has been lowered by about 0.2mm compared with Test Shot Ver. 1, so it should match Mr. Drannikov's MiG-29 profile more closely now.

F13-1.jpg

Thanks!

Yufei