Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

Instruction sheet.

To be honest, since it was finished in a hash to carry up the Christmas schedule, maybe there'll be some little miss.

Please feel free to let us know and we will modify it in the next version surely.

Looks incredible!! Big fan of GWH, but as you said, instead of me wasting money on the first version, and then asking for replacement parts....(and never getting a response)

I think I will wait till we make sure they got it right the first time......

But I will be getting one!

-Jim

Looks incredible!! Big fan of GWH, but as you said, instead of me wasting money on the first version, and then asking for replacement parts....(and never getting a response)

I think I will wait till we make sure they got it right the first time......

But I will be getting one!

-Jim

I think he was referring to the instruction sheet itself? I dunno, but to me that's of secondary importance.

I don't build 1/48, but I will very likely get one of these to make a companion for my only 1/48 build, HuAF Fishbed. Maybe HAD decals still has one of the commemorative MiG-29 schemes still available...

I think he was referring to the instruction sheet itself? I dunno, but to me that's of secondary importance.

I don't build 1/48, but I will very likely get one of these to make a companion for my only 1/48 build, HuAF Fishbed. Maybe HAD decals still has one of the commemorative MiG-29 schemes still available...

Yes I mean the instruction sheet.

Or maybe they won't be changed at all, who knows? :woot.gif:

Maybe I missed something on one of the previous posts but does the kit pictured above give you the option to build the earlier version (no upper flare dispensers, ventral fins, etc)? If not, any idea when that version will be released?

Regards,

John

Just looking at their past record.....

-61 cowlings, windscreen, nose...

devestator gear in the extended version like it is in flight....

Well the past is the past: the people who designed the P-61 kits aren't the ones who designed the MiG-29 kit. It's not because a previous kit had accuracy issues that things will continue this way. Didn't Kinetic improve the accuracy of their kits since the F-16s ?

Edited by Laurent

Just looking at their past record.....

-61 cowlings, windscreen, nose...

devestator gear in the extended version like it is in flight....

-Jim

Okay.

Have you looked at the pictures in this thread and the discussions about them, or are you just going off the manufacturer's name? Everyone seems fairly certain this will be a very accurate kit.

X2 for it being #1 on Christmas list!! Personally, I'd rather have 2 sets of Archers, I can source Aphids from MiG-21 kits, etc.

Good for you, but I don't have any MiG-21 kits and won't get them just for missiles... Beautiful Aphids were shown in one of the earlier posts in this thread and it is disappointing that they are not included in this kit :(

Edited by Vodnik

No R-60s in this release?... I'm very disappointed :crying2:

maybe they are not included in the "late version" boxing...

but if you look at post#77 page 4 of this thread, you'll see they have done the tooling for...

personally i rather have two sets of R-73 and no R-60 than one sets of each...

but if you look at post#77 page 4 of this thread, you'll see they have done the tooling for.

I know... That's exactly why I'm disappointed. I'm not interested in the future "early version" that may include them. I only build Polish MiGs.

Good for you, but I don't have any MiG-21 kits and won't get them just for missiles... Beautiful Aphids were shown in one of the earlier posts in this thread and it is disappointing that they are not included in this kit :(

Good point. I guess I didn't fully think it through. Even if I source the missiles, I'll still won't have accurate and detailed launchers to match.

No R-60s in this release?... I'm very disappointed :crying2:

No need to be sad my friend, by looking on those missiles beautiful & accurate moulding,design & packaging, I think there is a big possibility the GWH will sell all those R-27,R-60,R-73 & R-77 with pylon in separate missiles only boxing ala Skunkmodel.

Cheers!