Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

Hanto all best to yor dautgher and wish her excellent health and lot of fun in her life!!!

i am dad for full year now and i can said that is best year in my life! cheers!

ps:that 9-13 looks great.... i will buy it for sure!

Edited by mario krijan

Dear Pa' Yufei,

Congratulation to you and your wife.

Knowing your sense of detail , your baby daughter must be really nice !

She's for sure the nicest souled model you've ever participated in the conception ! :closedeyes:/>

Maybe a picture with dad and mum ?

Way back to the Plastic world.

I am also longing to this 9-13.

One question. Are you sure of the External tanks dimension .

The central tank looks O.K. but the external tanks seem to me a little undersized ( in length and diameter ).

Maybe I've got the wrong reference ?

Thank You for this marvellous kit !.

Any hope to see it appear in 1/72 scale , before this announced Zvezda kit ?

I sure believe this also should be a winner in 1/72 scale !.

Madcop :D/>

One question. Are you sure of the External tanks dimension .

The central tank looks O.K. but the external tanks seem to me a little undersized ( in length and diameter ).

I came to the same conclusion. Here's the kit's tank against drawing made - I am told - from measurements taken off the real item. Seems overall underscale - lacks around 10mm in length for example.

m_14_01_zpsed643ee1.jpg

EDIT: The pic above was taken at an angle, here's one "straight on".

m_14_02_zpsb29a28bb.jpg

EDIT 2: Anyone knows total length of these tanks?

Edited by ch9862

Just saw over at Cybermodeller, price is $89.95!! That's friggin ridiculous sorry I ain't gonna pay that much.

Honestly if you figure that you dont have to buy langing gear bays, missles, cockpit, jet nozzles, or stencils... the low price of 89.95 is actually very reasonable,.... I spent about 200$ building an Academy Mig-29 after adding resin add ons and decals to make a model that is as good as this.. You get what you pay for...

this is so utterly boring and annoying at the same... could you just ask-whining for a 1/72 and a 1/32 ones, to be all the kind of bore a newly-tooled kit thread can have???...

Please, use the search engine of the forum to find the very numerous thread about wished-or-what-should-be-next-kit and write down there your useful comments...

WOW.... issues

Yufei

Firstly, congratulations on your marriage!! That's wonderful news and I wish you and your new bride many years of happiness and success!

Secondly, thank you for your input into this new kit!!! The test shots to me are jaw-dropping and I'd buy the kit just for the engines!!!

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Thirdly, to all the rivet counters and nay-sayers out there, get a life. Companies that create these kits expend a huge amount of capital (both financial and human) to produce even the most basic kits. In order to achieve this, there are lines in the sand that are drawn. From a purely manufacturing point of view, some minor accuracy issues are bound to creep up; but in order to make the moulds and have the kit engineered for a broad section of the population to assemble AND still make the company a profit is no easy feat. I for one say bring it on! Any new kit in this day and age is a wonderful thing. If you are going to whine about having to add 11 more rivets to your model kit because the MkIV had them but the MkVIII had more, then maybe you are wound a little too tightly and you need to get a new hobby. The rest of us still remember how to be MODELLERS.

Cheers

Keith

Thirdly, to all the rivet counters and nay-sayers out there, get a life... If you are going to whine about having to add 11 more rivets to your model kit because the MkIV had them but the MkVIII had more, then maybe you are wound a little too tightly and you need to get a new hobby. The rest of us still remember how to be MODELLERS.

Skylark and Haneto in other words the modellers who have been involved in the development are rivet counters. People involved in kit design need to be... well perhaps not if they work for Trumpeter or Hobby Boss tongue.gif

Edited by Laurent

Honestly if you figure that you dont have to buy langing gear bays, missles, cockpit, jet nozzles, or stencils... the low price of 89.95 is actually very reasonable,.... I spent about 200$ building an Academy Mig-29 after adding resin add ons and decals to make a model that is as good as this.. You get what you pay for...

Scalehobbyist has these in stock for a decent price.

Thirdly, to all the rivet counters and nay-sayers out there, get a life. Companies that create these kits expend a huge amount of capital (both financial and human) to produce even the most basic kits. In order to achieve this, there are lines in the sand that are drawn. From a purely manufacturing point of view, some minor accuracy issues are bound to creep up; but in order to make the moulds and have the kit engineered for a broad section of the population to assemble AND still make the company a profit is no easy feat. I for one say bring it on! Any new kit in this day and age is a wonderful thing. If you are going to whine about having to add 11 more rivets to your model kit because the MkIV had them but the MkVIII had more, then maybe you are wound a little too tightly and you need to get a new hobby. The rest of us still remember how to be MODELLERS.

Cheers

Keith

Good evening Keith

May I allow myself to ask who you are to judge anybody statement and give lessons.

You have a really strange way to thank "Papy Yufei" for all the work he's been involved in with GWH.

He actually is a rivet counter...and a bloody good one if I may say so , and thanks to his rivetcounter way of modelling you have a wonderful modeller's scale model in your hand !

We rivet counters don't count the rivets but we just like the shape to be spot on. That's what count , nothing else but THE SHAPE. We are still capable to add rivets by ourselves !

It doesn't cost more money to produce ( in small or great quantity ) a good kit than a piece of crap. It's just a question of how much people are involved , comitted , talented and interested in the conception of the model.

If you are satisfied with a Spitfire Mk.I that looks like a Mk.XIV that's your problem , but don't criticize the ones who think the contrary.

I do not think that you are the kind of person that allows the hobby to grow. If everibody were like you , we would still be assembling 1948 Frog Penguin kits...

When a scale model is good it deserves to be called a good kit . When it's a piece of crap , it deserves the same treatment !.

I call GWH MiG-29A a superb kit , and yes it looks to me that there MIGHT be a problem with the scale of the external fuel tanks ( and maybe also with the some pylons) but it is just an impression based

on looking at different scale plans ( that have always to be handled with some prudence... and cross checked with pictures ).

And this is not meant to offend the producer of the kit , and the guys who are behind , but just to allow them to check for themselves , and maybe ,if possible , to correct or not the future

runs or future kits. We "rivet counters " just care about the effort put behind the kit ! If I were Yufei ( and I am not that talented !) I wouldn't like to see all my efforts be let down by some small

errors easy to correct that I wouldn't have spotted on time.

AND THAT'S ALL !.

I sure won't change my actual hobby, it brings me a lot of joy !

In the event I completely misunderstood your message , please accept all my apologies .

No offense.

Madcop

I guess I should clarify. Please don't get me wrong.

The people I was venting at are those who are crying that this kit (or any other) is not good enough because of (insert minor gripe here). I am in NO WAY dissing those who are researching/creating tooling mastering and in many other ways helping the creative process to bring projects like this into the light of day. You are all masters in your own right and I'm eternally grateful to each of you.

I'm venting at the armchair quarterbacks who, unless the kit can burn kerosene, aren't happy with what others have expended their time, efforts, and finances to create for the enjoyment of all.

I too am a rivet counter, but if a kit such as this one looks like a MiG29 to me I'm happy. I will order replacement parts from Zactomodels et al if I want to make improvements, but I will not point out endlessly the shortcomings (in my opinion) of a kit that a newbie or expert modeller can both assemble and be satisfied with the results. After all this is a hobby.

Thank you again to those whose efforts bring new kits (and breathe new life into old ones). But it's the "this kit sucks" crowd that raise my ire. Learn to model and fix it if you don't like it, but stop your bitching at other peoples' hard work. That's all.

Cheers

Keith

ZOOMER: I don't think I've seen many "armchair quarterbacks" post in this thread. If accuracy issues have been raised it was done in a pretty diligent manner I think.

When it's a piece of crap , it deserves the same treatment !

There are few kits nowadays that I would call a piece of crap. For me:

- the fit would need to be terrible

- the level of details would be poor

- the shape accuracy would be poor

A piece of crap is a kit that makes all modelers unhappy from the person who wants just to have a model with the right number of wings or engines to the rivet counter.

Example of pieces of crap for me: PM's IAI Dagger, AA's J-7

Edited by Laurent

This thread s going to get 100,000 views.Has that ever happened here before?

Yes.

Go to the bottom of a forum page like jet modeling. Click the spot where it says Click here to show filter options. Click Order: Views. Click Go.

Thirdly, to all the rivet counters and nay-sayers out there, get a life.

Cheers

Keith

That is simply incredibly disrespectful in so many ways. I don't care that you apologized, you shouldn't have said that in first place.

Since your opinion of "rivet counters" and "nay-sayers" is clear, why don't you go and build Academy kit instead? I am sure it will suit you fine. Obviously you aren't a "rivet counter" and have a life so surely lack of detail, shape and fit shouldn't bother you? :)/>

PS: In case you haven't noticed, Yufei has been instrumental in inception of this kit and accuracy/detail of it is direct result of him being.... a rivet counter. :) You are also free to send me GWH MiG-29 kit and i will send you academy MiG-29.

Edited by Berkut

You are also free to send me GWH MiG-29 kit and i will send you academy MiG-29.

Hi Berkut,

Where do I have to apply for this???? I have two Academy MiG-29A and two MiG-29 UB's. Can I also exchange them for the GWH kit??????? OK how about two Academy for one GWH??? :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Berkut,

Where do I have to apply for this???? I have two Academy MiG-29A and two MiG-29 UB's. Can I also exchange them for the GWH kit??????? OK how about two Academy for one GWH??? :)/> :D/> :)/> :D/> :)/> :D/> :)/> :D/>

Best regards

Gabor

Email ZOOMER, he will practically take your hands away with the Academy MiG-29! :woot.gif: