Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

9-13 ... hmmmm... wife going to kill me!

congrats pa' yufei , , all the best.

i know feeling, i got a boy on 01.01.2013. ... from santa claus... sufa, then kid, and just after new year on 5 or 6 a fulcrum.

best start of a year ever:)

Sorry for my late reply, guys.

Too busy these days, well if as a father you should understand my feeling...

1. As for the part C58:

It's the pillar to fix the early type mud guard on the front landing gear.

So no use in 9-12 late and 9-13 kits.

2. As for the PTB-1150 fuel tanks:

Quite sorry to hear that.

The main plans I suggest the CAD drawer to use is the Zlinek version, which proved to be comparatively accurate.

There maybe some measuring mistakes during drawing, and also our faults that failed to figure that out.

I will tranparent your advice to the CAD team any way, to see if there's any chance to fix.

3. As for the warped upper fuselage part:

Just as I indicated before, the maker has already awared of that and will improve packagin since next bunch.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and advice.

Well, just as I said on the very beginning of this thread, this kit still have many places could be done better.

Please understand that it could be extremely hard to tell one thing you're quite clear to one CAD drawer who has almost no knowledge of military aircrafts, make him understand and finally, draw correctly in CAD data.

There is limitation and what I and other staff could do is to decrease the limitation one step by one step.

Just like the old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Model developers also need experience and growing, just like a modeller.

Anyway, please feel free to express your ideas/advice/critiques here, and I assure you that the staff are also reading here and will get you respond in their next coming products.

Thanks a lot!

(Lack of sleep)Papa Yufei

Sorry I forgot to thank you all for your greetings!

Thanks a lot buddies!

By the way, some one said that he did not understand the "step" on the canopy edge, so here I post one picture:

Notice the red circle below:

0_565ad_3b2cf2bf_orig.jpg

Cheers,

Yufei

Yufei,

Sorry to bother but I have not gotten a response from the personal message. I am still waiting on the kit I purchased from you back in December, Did the kit get shipped out okay? I know it takes a long time, if it is sent regular post. Thanks. Feel free to message me off thread if you would like.

-Jim

Sorry for my late reply, guys.

Too busy these days, well if as a father you should understand my feeling...

2. As for the PTB-1150 fuel tanks:

Quite sorry to hear that.

The main plans I suggest the CAD drawer to use is the Zlinek version, which proved to be comparatively accurate.

There maybe some measuring mistakes during drawing, and also our faults that failed to figure that out.

I will tranparent your advice to the CAD team any way, to see if there's any chance to fix.

Well, just as I said on the very beginning of this thread, this kit still have many places could be done better.

Please understand that it could be extremely hard to tell one thing you're quite clear to one CAD drawer who has almost no knowledge of military aircrafts, make him understand and finally, draw correctly in CAD data.

There is limitation and what I and other staff could do is to decrease the limitation one step by one step.

Just like the old saying, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Model developers also need experience and growing, just like a modeller.

Anyway, please feel free to express your ideas/advice/critiques here, and I assure you that the staff are also reading here and will get you respond in their next coming products.

Thanks a lot!

(Lack of sleep)Papa Yufei

Hello to "Sleeping Papa Yufei "

With the birth of your daughter and the birth of your first scale model as a consultant and/or developper , you sure deserve all our congratulations and ... a little rest. :clap2:/>

Thank you very much to take our remarks into consideration , that's for sure a real nice attitude.

My references are also Zlinek and 4+. They pretty well agree on the pylons and the external tanks measurements.

Compared with Zlinek drawings...

1-The external wing tanks pylons are 42 or 53 mm .In both cases GWH ones are 38 or 49mm , so 4mm shorter.

2-APU 470 and P-72-1D pylons both are 53.5 mm. GWH ones are 48.5 , so 5 mm shorter.

3-PTB1150 is 133.5 long , has 12mm stabs span and a cross section of 11.5mm . GBW is 123mm/10.5mm and 10.5mm . The most noticeable will be the lenght with 10.5 mm shorter.

So, nothing dramatical here !

As a already said , the correction of the tanks are really easy to do by ourselves, (provided we do the section work before gluing them) if not corrected by the maker.

As long as the AA pylons pylons are concerned , it is up to each modeler discretion...or a little work for Quickboost.

AFAIC I think i'll live with it !

The funiest thing is that the central tank and the AA missiles are all spot on !.

So there must have been a little gremlin somewhere !

Just go for the hunt :D/>,

Thanks again , Yufei and GWH , for having brought us this wonderful kit.

Madcop :)/>

P.S. No need to say I'm longing for the 9-13

2-APU 470 and P-72-1D pylons both are 53.5 mm. GWH ones are 48.5 , so 5 mm shorter.

So, nothing dramatical here !

Hmmm... Define dramatic. Those APU-470s seemed too small to me from the moment I saw them in my kit (one of two). I believe they are not just too short, but overall underscale. Maybe it's not dramatic, but certainly noticeable.

Hmmm... Define dramatic. Those APU-470s seemed too small to me from the moment I saw them in my kit (one of two). I believe they are not just too short, but overall underscale. Maybe it's not dramatic, but certainly noticeable.

Hi Vodnik

I agree with you , but I used "not dramatic" in the sense these little shortcomings could be fixed by the maker , and if not , the task is not beyond normal modelling skills.

I am already busy modifying one of my tank and this in accordance with the Zlinek drawings.

I'll do the same for the pylons.

I know that the scale won't be respected in regards of cross section ... but I think this will not be that noticeable.

Madcop :)

knock knock knock....helloooo

how about the wing warp, cause I got one that is warped, but good...

-Jim

Jim,

Where did you buy it? I bought mine from Dragon-USA. I contacted them and in about a week had a new fuselage. Spruebrothers is doing the same I've heard.

cheers,

Mike

Jim,

Where did you buy it? I bought mine from Dragon-USA. I contacted them and in about a week had a new fuselage. Spruebrothers is doing the same I've heard.

cheers,

Mike

I am still waiting for a new part from Spruebrothers.

I made second enquiry and got the answer that they contacted the supplier for the second time regarding my faulty part... <_<

I am reluctant to buy one more as I planned, because I dont want another warped expensive kit.

P

I am still waiting for a new part from Spruebrothers.

I made second enquiry and got the answer that they contacted the supplier for the second time regarding my faulty part... <_</>

I am reluctant to buy one more as I planned, because I dont want another warped expensive kit.

P

Big fan of their sales but that kind of response is what I am afraid of when I have an issue...

-Jim

Cheers for that; this is the one I really would like.

More teasers at Cybermodeller today!

Another expensive year ahead...

Hi There

I just really hope GWH and Yufei could find a fix for these external wing tanks and pylons scale problems before they release the 9-13!

Really ennoying for a kit of this class !

I wish they could pospone the release of the kit untill these problems are fixed.

The idea of making the same corrections I am doing for the 9-12 again doesn't make me smile too much !. :lol:/>

Madcop

Hi There

I just really hope GWH and Yufei could find a fix for these external wing tanks and pylons scale problems before they release the 9-13!

Really ennoying for a kit of this class !

I wish they could pospone the release of the kit untill these problems are fixed.

The idea of making the same corrections I am doing for the 9-12 again doesn't make me smile too much !. :lol:/>/>

Madcop

To me the kit is not that high class: I know, the detail is ground-breaking (for aircraft kits), but the rest of the outlines are hit and miss: Even allowing for some leeway, there are many things in the outlines that are not that impressive:

03_fs.jpg

11377641.jpg

I was thinking of getting a jet, and I remember being much more impressed with Eduard's Mig-21...

Robertson

Even allowing for some leeway, there are many things in the outlines that are not that impressive:

Now if you did those red lines on 10 or 15 photos from similar but slightly different angles and came up with an educated average and the kit still didn't look good, I might listen.

Some things to consider when doing analysis like this are camera focal length, parallax,distortions, etc.

Note that even though that photo is a pretty good side view, you are looking from the rear at the nose area and front of the intakes. Also consider that the canopy is on center-line where the intakes are outboard AND that the intake (and that edge you highlighted) is not vertical but canted outward.

The end result is what you have shown.

I could do the same with the lines you've shown on the tail section but have work to get done...

This looks like a pretty great kit to me.

Great job Yufei and congrats on being a Daddy! :beer4:

:cheers:

Now if you did those red lines on 10 or 15 photos from similar but slightly different angles and came up with an educated average and the kit still didn't look good, I might listen.

Some things to consider when doing analysis like this are camera focal length, parallax,distortions, etc.

Note that even though that photo is a pretty good side view, you are looking from the rear at the nose area and front of the intakes. Also consider that the canopy is on center-line where the intakes are outboard AND that the intake (and that edge you highlighted) is not vertical but canted outward.

The end result is what you have shown.

I could do the same with the lines you've shown on the tail section but have work to get done...

This looks like a pretty great kit to me.

Great job Yufei and congrats on being a Daddy! :beer4:/>

:cheers:/>

The photo is NOT a pretty good side view - it's taken with a wide-angle lens which TOTALLY distorts the image. The fact that you can see both the right forward canopy frame and the right vertical stab is clear evidence of that - the photo "pulls" the center toward the viewer and pushes the nose and tail away - major parallax problem. It's a bogus criticism.