Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

Have we seen the undersides of the kit parts yet? The last pic, that compared the -12 and -13 versions, were from the top and I couldn't tell. Were there any other pics?

They are obviously flat in CAD's, and hence i contacted Yufei and he confirmed they are not bulky.

I totally agree Madcop.Spoiles people...

It looks as I have seen that Wessex somewhere :-)

Bob

Hey Bob

What are you doing here ?...

C'mon buddy , show us one of your beautiful MiG... You know the one , don't you ?

Yes indeed you saw this Wessex already ... a long long time ago when we were young ,when we used to cross the channel on a boat, when we thought we were smart ,and that dating girls was easy going.!

The miracle was that we still found time to do some kits ( and kids for you ! )

Nice to see you here !.

The spoiled Madcop :P

They are obviously flat in CAD's, and hence i contacted Yufei and he confirmed they are not bulky.

Hi Berkut

Some lucky bast...s (like me) may still have the Neomega 9-13 conversion set released at the time for the Academy kit. It includes the 9-13 "bumped"wingtips.

Madcop :rolleyes:

And you can bet that Quickboost and all the assorted aftermarket companies will be along with various solutions for the issue. This is the sort of quick correction that they specialize in!

I may have one of those ancient NeOmega sets buried somewhere too!

And you can bet that Quickboost and all the assorted aftermarket companies will be along with various solutions for the issue. This is the sort of quick correction that they specialize in!

I doubt that QB will provide a fix. Too subtle and their market doesn't care about the 9.13 IMHO. Neomega or Prop & Jet could offer a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see why everyone is so hard on GWH... Academy has been producing those garbage Mig-29 kits for years... that require $200 in AM resin and PE to come close to a GW kit... yet people want to slam GW for what is in reality a small number of subtile innacuracies.. I say Hats off to them for taking the time to think of the Modeler for a change.. More an more companies are increasing their quality level so we can spend less on AM resin..... Look at the newer Bronco jet kits.... Like the J-17 or the kittyhawk stuff coming out.... they need very little resin compared to older kits.... Lets face it... scale modelling is always a compromise for accuracy over effect.. we arent building exact reproductions many times changes are made to give that impression of scale.... I think that overall illusion is much more important in making a model believable then getting caught up in rivet counting.....

You realize that copying image links does nothing but waste bandwidth and trash up the thread, right?

COMPLETELY agree. I wish people would stop doing this. I live in a very rural location and don't have the same bandwidth that most others do. This causes my download limit to be reached far quicker than necessary.

POLITE NOTICE - PLEASE stop this!

Thanks.

Indeed. Can't think of anyone in this thread even "slamming" GWH, yet alone "everyone". :rolleyes:/>

Agree. Pretty much just a big love fest. For the record, I have lots of really good kits and this ranks right near the top. But you must remember the rules: anything that is not 100percent worship is slamming a kit. There is not enough bandwidth here for middle ground, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

No time no see~!

Still getting busy as a father and together with the daily work.

March is the last month of financial year in most Japanese companies.

Now here I brought you guys a present: MiG-29 9-13 instruction sheet FREE for download!

We adjusted the assembling flow, and what's most important, tons of painting instructions on small parts are added.

Yes it still has a long distance from the Japanese brand kits instruction sheets, but everything is being improved.

And I can say that the colouring of the sheet is professional enough for any one who'd like to enjoy the Fulcrum built!

01.jpg

02.jpg

Download Link:

GWH MiG-29 9-13 Instruction sheet download

Hope you can find it also useful in your 9-12 built! :coolio:/>

Cheers,

Yufei

Edited by haneto
  • 2 weeks later...

Good day to all,

I would like to deal with some of the corrections made to the production tooling for the 9-13 kit. One of the main problems that I have seen on the kit was the central part of the fuselage on the underside. I know that most people will say that nothing is visible of this area once the PTB 1520 external fuel tank is added to the underside, which is of course an almost permanent feature of the Fulcrums in service. Also the underside has less interest when viewing a kit especially if it is fixed to a base. The same goes for the real aircraft, the area between the two engine pods and intakes is fairly hidden under most circumstances and even when one can have a closer look it is not easy to make sense of the way it is built up, to imagine the real cross section of the central part. I think this could have played a part in that the original first kits of the GWH 9-12 version had a slightly miss formed central part. One can really see this against a light so here is the original central section and the new lower fuselage part as supplied with the 9-13 kits. Hope that the difference is clear, but to make sure have a look at them separately too.

centralpart1ang_zpse80f156b.jpg

This is some major alteration to the kit tooling and it is good to see that the manufacturer has taken the time and money to make them. Kit development is a constant procedure and changes are made, based on new information and facts corrections are made. Remember no kit is 100% but at least some makers try to get to it as close as possible.

centralpart2ang_zps45052a26.jpg

centralpart3ang_zpsad64becc.jpg

The change in the central part has also necessitated some changes to the intake parts on the inner side/ facing the centre line of the airframe, in order to make them fit with the central part. Here is another problem with the intakes and it involves the area which separates the intakes from the fuselage surface. A wrong line was seen on the first kit, which has been corrected. I think the photos explain it all.

intakecompang_zps450e3738.jpg

intake9-12ang_zpsb0e7ac0e.jpg

intake9-13ang_zps0c3246d4.jpg

Please note that work is under way on the kit, so several new features have been added to it which are not part of the standard G.W.H 9-13 kit, only on my build like the ground power supply connection point.

More soon.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

I like their progressive approach. I am also happy i have yet to buy 9-12 and 9-13, because then i will get more correct version. Still, a shame about the wingtips... Oh well, sure look forward to version after 9-13... ;)

Not trying to be pedantic but when you say "Brake" do you mean "Break" as in a difference in contour?? That what I thought you meant but trying to be sure. Also I take it the 9-13 kit is more correct in its outline.

Edited by boom175

Gabor, Yufei,

Any plans to downscale to 1:72 ?

The question should be addressed to Yufei, he is the one close to the manufacturer. I am just trying to help with development, details, measurements, photos . . .

It would be nice to have it in 72nd too, but if you look at the dominant scale (the only one) of Great Wall Hobbys then I would say it is highly unlikely (unfortunately)! 72nd is a completely different market.

Boom175

Jes, you are koreekt, thatis vhat Aj vanteed to saiy.

Concerning the outline there is almost nothing that I think is major, as far as fine detail goes there is more, but as stated above most of the problems are ironed out or in the process. Remember there is no 100% kit.

Best regards

Gabor