Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

I think there are only minor differences (e.g. ECM switch, maybe some status light, plus the changed fuel indicator), so nothing really relevant in 1/48..

And not to worry, BRASSIN will soon be releasing a resin ECM switch to address that issue. $29.95 at a local shop near you.

Maybe many of you have already downloaded it, but considering those who missed it, I still show you the download link here:

Download Link:

GWH MiG-29 9-13 Instruction sheet download

Maybe I'm missing something, but this link just takes me to a cheesey page called 'Mega File Upload' or something -'Sexy Gifts For Your Spouse' pop-ups notwithstanding (well, a 9.13 gift from MY spouse would be sexy enough for me!), clicking on the 'Download Now' button produces a 'Fatal Error' message. Which kinda describes up my modelling right now... :bandhead2:/>

Suppose I'll just have to pucker up and buy the wretched thing...life can be sooo tough!

:yahoo:/>

Edited by ChippyWho

Maybe I'm missing something, but this link just takes me to a cheesey page called 'Mega File Upload' or something -'Sexy Gifts For Your Spouse' pop-ups notwithstanding (well, a 9.13 gift from MY spouse would be sexy enough for me!), clicking on the 'Download Now' button produces a 'Fatal Error' message. Which kinda describes up my modelling right now... :bandhead2:/>/>

Suppose I'll just have to pucker up and buy the wretched thing...life can be sooo tough!

:yahoo:/>/>

I get the same thing. BTW, I want, no I NEED one. Where do I order?

Maybe I'm missing something, but this link just takes me to a cheesey page called 'Mega File Upload' or something -'Sexy Gifts For Your Spouse' pop-ups notwithstanding (well, a 9.13 gift from MY spouse would be sexy enough for me!), clicking on the 'Download Now' button produces a 'Fatal Error' message.

Strange, I just tried it and it worked. I also didn't get the advertisements as I am using AddBlockPlus. I use Firefox, by the way. When I click on the link, there is a short countdown on the MegaFileUpload site before the download button activates. Then left-click on it, and after a second or two Firefox asks me where I want to save the file. It is a .rar, so you need something like 7-zip to unzip it.

Strange, I just tried it and it worked. I also didn't get the advertisements as I am using AddBlockPlus. I use Firefox, by the way. When I click on the link, there is a short countdown on the MegaFileUpload site before the download button activates. Then left-click on it, and after a second or two Firefox asks me where I want to save the file. It is a .rar, so you need something like 7-zip to unzip it.

Yeah...just buy the kit!!! :rolleyes:

(I mean, how difficult can this be...?)

...and that's when the 'Fatal Error' thing kicks in!

For you. I'm using Chrome and WinRAR. I didn't have any problem downloading the .rar file and opening the archive.

Please remind me, were the fuel tanks and more importantly the pylons fixed?

By looking at the different sprues of the 9-13 , it looks like these items have not been taken care of.

Sad, but I understood that these COULD be dealt with with the next versions of 9-12.

The reason is that correcting these items involve a tool update.

Madcop :D/>

Please remind me, were the fuel tanks and more importantly the pylons fixed?

In my opinion, new tanks, pylons and wingtips were a lot more important than the subtle modifications they did to the original tool and most people did not even noticed.

I remember Wolfpack Design had the wing fuel tanks as a future release and they removed them since I can't see them anymore. They probably thought that since GWH Mig-29 was going to include them, nobody was going to be interested in them. I think is a good time to revive them.

Just my two cents.

Juan

Edited by solher1

So,

Wrapping all up, what is still inaccurate in the new 9-13 ?

- Pylons.

- Fuel tanks

- Wingtips (IMHO the biggest "issue" as the wingtips on 9-13 are specific and you cant just "take them off". However, should also be the easiest to fix)

- Small shape issues around the LERX intakes

- Pylons.

- Fuel tanks

- Wingtips (IMHO the biggest "issue" as the wingtips on 9-13 are specific and you cant just "take them off". However, should also be the easiest to fix)

Hi Berkut

May I ask what's the small problem around the LERX intakes ?

Now , for the Fuel Tanks

KARAYA from Poland (http://www.karaya.pl) is going to release them with the corrected pylons.

KARAYA has already 1/48 APU-60-1 , APU-73 and APU-470 in his catalogue and I may say they are pretty close from the ZLINEK plans.

Madcop :D/>

- Pylons.

- Fuel tanks

Any good photos showing how to correct the wingtips?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks in advance!!

I see more likely Quickboost or Neomega (my first bet) doing a correct wingtips for the Mig-29 9-13 version instead of any of us doing it. Neomega has already one as part of its 9-13 conversion.

I would have loved GWH had done it as part of the wings,but they failed to do it.

Juan

Thanks in advance!!

*How* to correct them is up to you. ;) Sprue and putty is the way to go i guess. This is how they look:

005-mig-29_leftunderwing.jpg

I see more likely Quickboost or Neomega (my first bet) doing a correct wingtips for the Mig-29 9-13 version instead of any of us doing it. Neomega has already one as part of its 9-13 conversion.

I would have loved GWH had done it as part of the wings,but they failed to do it.

Juan

I will be surpriced if QB will do the wingtips. They are more "detail" related than correction.