Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

Berkut did UPGs and Russian/Algerian SMTs have same size and shape of fuel tanks that they mount behind cockpit? I know that there is 3 different sizes and shapes.

Yufei thanks for info. Both would he very popular!! You and GWH doing fantastic job :-)

Edited by mario krijan

Berkut did UPGs and Russian/Algerian SMTs have same size and shape of fuel tanks that they mount behind cockpit? I know that there is 3 different sizes and shapes.

Yufei thanks for info. Both would he very popular!! You and GWH doing fantastic job :-)

Yup, the hump spine behind is exactly the same.

Thanks for the head up, buddies!

Yes SMT will be the new project in 2014 because it will require new upper fuselage, cockpit panel, some new antenna, etc.

They still have not decided to put in the new weapons with new pylons which will be another cost to them.

Do you think which one will be more popular? MiG-29UB or MiG-29SMT?

Thanks!

Yufei

UB will certainly be more "popular"... but i'll personally prefer to buy a couple of SMT before...

like Berkut said (again) there is not much need for new weapons (excepted maybe R-77)

thanks again Yufei to keep this thread updated and alive!

UB will certainly be more "popular"... but i'll personally prefer to buy a couple of SMT before...

Same thing here. Extensive operational life and tons on markings for the UB but I simply don't like the looks of this version. SMT for me too.

So you know how everybody thinks the center windscreen panel on Phantoms and Tomcats are tinted (they aren't), is the one-piece wrap-around windscreen on the MiG-29 tinted? Sure does look like it in this photo! Compare to the main canopy.

(Fair use and all that..)

MiG-29windscreen.jpg

Not trying to call you out but trying to figure out what I'm seeing here... Most of the F-14's I've worked with have the same greenish blue center pane (Though I don't recall noticing it on the Delta T-Cats). Same goes for the F-4's (a mix of USN, USAF, & German). As far as Mig's go I've only seen abandoned & museum examples, most of which had badly discolored glazing. Anyway here's the image, it's old and shot with an early digital cam. We were between two decks as well so it's not a reflection of our bird or the sky:

DSC00006_zps1f315ffb.jpg

If there's a thread that covers this please give me a good steer ;)/>

Mahalo & Thanks for all the info on this kit :cheers:/>

Mark

Most of the F-14's I've worked with have the same greenish blue center panel

If there's a thread that covers this please give me a good steer ;)/>/>/>

Mahalo & Thanks for all the info on this kit :cheers:/>/>/>

Mark

Hi Mark,

The windscreen is made from several layers of glass, it also has some heating elements sandwiched between them. The canopy is made from plexiglass a completely different material with different properties and colour.

The windscreen has a slight bluish tint, it is very slight!!! I am not sure if you can reproduce this in 48th scale, not to say 72nd.

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Hi Mark,

The windscreen is made from several layers of glass, it also has some heating elements sandwiched between them. The canopy is made from plexiglass a completely different material with different properties and colour.

The windscreen has a slight bluish tint, it is very slight!!! I am not sure if you can reproduce this in 48th scale, not to say 72nd.

Best regards

Gabor

Maybe this would give the desired effect?

http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGTF913/Sup

Congrats on your marriage even though I'm late, it's been awhile sense I've posted or even visited the site. Alas, this forum is always a MUST read. This kit as well as the most resent kit is on my to buy list. Man, what would I do without this forum? :thumbsup:

Hi guys!

Having been away for a while and here brings you some good news.

I received the new tooled parts at the end last month and here are them.

They will be included from the upcoming L4814 MiG-29 9-12 early type kits.

P9210636.jpg

P9210635.jpg

P9210638.jpg

P9210639.jpg

P9210634.jpg

P9210641.jpg

05-6.jpg

06-4.jpg

Cheers,

Yufei

Hi Yufei

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks Yufei , wish other makers could follow this example ! Thumbs up for G.W.H

Now the cherry on the top of the cake would be to make these sprues available separately for the customers who already owns the "Late" and 9-13 Models.

Any idea, ?

I would be ready to pay for these so as to " update " my two models. I already made some works on these items as you know , but I still prefer to have them "injected" !

Well done

Madcop :D/>

• 2 weeks later...