Great Wall Hobby 1/48 MiG-29 all new tooled

you can also probably justify the purchase by considering the fact that you won't need a lick of aftermarket!!

You so funny!! *As if* that could ever be the case :)

PS: I need Cuban decals for it

Edited by Jennings

just saw a handful listed in stock in the CONUS on the 'bay. $79 shipped.

dragon-usa also has them listed in-stock. i just sent them a message asking about the status of my pre-order...my web acct says processing but nothing has shown up on my bank statement as of yet.

ooooo----looking forward to this!!!!

edit - just heard back from dragon and they are indeed processing my order. i should get my shipment notification by the end of the week!! woot woot!

Edited by nicholassagan

Right. But you need rudder markings and bort numbers :)/>/>

I'm wondering if the Albatross Decals will work, I still have a couple of those.

I'll need an IFR Probe and decals for the new Peruvian jets once GWH does the 9-13 Fulcrum C and UB Fulcrum B.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Peru---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-29S-(9-13S)/2149288/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Peru---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-29SMP-(9-13SMP)/2159820/L/

:coolio:/>

Edited by Fuji

I'll need an IFR Probe and decals for the new Peruvian jets once GWH does the 9-13 Fulcrum C and UB Fulcrum B.

They are not really new (updated) and you would have to do more than just IFR probe. ;)

I'm wondering if the Albatross Decals will work, I still have a couple of those.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Peru---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-29S-(9-13S)/2149288/L/

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Peru---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-29SMP-(9-13SMP)/2159820/L/

:coolio:/>/>

Aztec is coming out with Cuban MiG-29 decals along with other aircraft and helicopters.

http://aztecmodels.com/

They are not really new (updated) and you would have to do more than just IFR probe. ;)/>

Not really, its mostly an avionics upgrade. So externally it's just the IFR probe & a new glass cockpit.

I'm patiently waiting until it pop out at Lucky Model, Hobby Easy or YY & Van website... :pray:/>

Precisely what I'm doing too. Buying the kit from Japan or the US wouldn't be a great deal considering shipping cost.

My kit arrived today. Holy crap! I can now see what all the fuss is all about. This has got to be the best Mig-29 in any scale! The tooling and engineering is much better than the Academy kit and would easily rival Tamiya IMHO. The details are nice and sharp and the plastic quality is smooth not pebbly. I can't comment on fit since I only opened the box to examine the sprues, but I'm very pleased with this kit. It looks very accurate too compared to photo references I've seen. The only downside is it's a bit pricey for a 1/48 kit, but its well worth it if you can spare the cash. I really hope they come out with a new tool Flanker series because I have no doubt they would pull it off judging from this kit. Anyways, I highly recommend this kit if you're still undecided about getting one.

:cheers:

Edited by Cyrus Tan

They are tight lipped for future releases. No rumors or anything yet, right?

haneto!!! any juicy news???

All I care is that they do a 9-13 so we get the other major production variant - anything beyond that would be welcomed, but a pure bonus in my mind!

All I care is that they do a 9-13 so we get the other major production variant - anything beyond that would be welcomed, but a pure bonus in my mind!

9-13C would be next logical step, followed by 29M. Then maybe post-USSR versions

in post #36 of this thread, haneto wrote:

"And about the variants, there will be 9-12 early type, 9-12 late type and of course 9-13.

Other variants are up to the market need and feedback, SMT is easier for the molding cost while UB need a totally new upper and lower fuselage, cockpit, etc.

Other scales are not impossible of course, but it will be also up to market and the boss himself. "