Another Navy SEAL from Bin Laden Raid Identified

How did you get into my room?

(Note to self, replace cynder block from in front of front door with one of those new fangled locking thingies.......)

BTW, the 8 track player is missing..........

Edited by Johnopfor

I was looking for the 10-inch floppy.

Which reminds me of my money laundering operation in which I only use grossly obsolescent technology and programming notably unavailable to the government to run and catalog my operations.

Don't know about the fully restored Tomcats, but they can get a butt-load of razor blades......

Butt load of razor blades are a nasty thing. Had an inmate once pull one out of his butt and attack me with it. He lost.

Butt load of razor blades are a nasty thing. Had an inmate once pull one out of his butt and attack me with it. He lost.

He problably forgot to clean it properly......

Besides, it's problably harder to move around quickly after sawing up your cornhole......

Edited by Johnopfor

If youre implying that the aircraft built 40 years later is somehow technologically better...

Not at all...

Just that so many more of the old machines would be needed to come close to what a lesser number of the new ones can do.

I know very well that an F-35 with no restriction on ROI would eat a Tomcat for lunch in mock combat.

I liked the Tomcat; it was big and brutish. Thankfully it was able to earn its keep in the air well enough for its leaky, maintenance hungry tendencies on the ground and the fact that it spent the bulk of its service life not being all it could be until a decent engine could be married up to it could be overlooked for as long as it was.

Edited by Kevan Vogler

If youre implying that the aircraft built 40 years later is somehow technologically better...

528754_476072669080416_439642189_n.jpg

...you must be crazy. Look at all those floppy disks! Who wouldn't want hundreds of those?

That's all fine & dandy but it doesn't explain the white fur rug ... :coolio:

-Gregg

Final Navy SEAL from Raid discovered.

“In retrospect its obvious” many reporters complained after missing an incredible story.

Many US Navy SEALs have come under public scrutiny after coming forward with unauthorized accounts of the famous mission. Underscoring what many in the Naval Special Warfare community have come to see as a common misuse of SEALs for publicity purposes, in recruiting, books, and movies. SEAL mania hit a crescendo in the early 90’s after a movie about the Navy SEALs cleverly titled Navy SEALs debuted at the box office. Many operators fear it is damaging the “quiet professional” mantra that so many SEALs couldn’t wait to tell you about. “Bragging without bragging” as one operator put it. “Just because I am Navy SEAL doesn’t mean I have to tell you about it, unless of course you engage in casual conversation with me” Another SEAL went on to say that he “only whispers that he is a SEAL,” and even then “only to impress. There is no need to be so obvious about it”

“A lot of other Special Operators tell us to shut up, but they had to talk to tell us that so who is really being childish now?”

However there was one lone Navy SEAL who refused to come forward with any account or Biography keeping his entire identity with the Navy SEALs completely hidden. His identity was discovered yesterday, after the latest account of the raid revealed his name.

Micheal Biehn, 56 Who played a Navy SEAL in no less than 3 different movies was finally identified as the last DEVGRU member in the Bin Laden Raid. Biehn, who has been a Navy SEAL for decades secretly, has been hiding in plain sight since 1989’s Abyss.

“people would make jokes about me being ‘typecast as a SEAL’ “ I would laugh it off but inside I was thinking “how much do they know? Have I been compromised?” Biehn admits he “did it backwards” Becoming a SEAL after becoming famous, rather than than becoming a SEAL and deciding to become famous.

"A lot of people think that movies about the military and the CIA recruiting movie stars and extreme athletes into their ranks is just Hollywood being in love with itself, or poor writing, which it is of course... But it does happen sometimes if there is money left in the Black Budget at the end of the Fiscal Year." He explains.

Eventually though Biehn began to grow weary of his Hollywood SEAL status and preferred to serve in special warfare completely anonymously. "It got to the point where as a fully Trained Navy SEAL, I could no longer take the juvenile tactics the writers and directors came up with. I had to leave" He would get his chance in 1995. The Rock, Starring Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, and Ed Harris would be his ticket out of being a Hollywood SEAL. Playing Commander Anderson, “I was killed off in a combat scene and disappeared” he says proudly, successfully faking his SEAL death, in order to rejoin Special Warfare. "There was one close call where they wanted me to be in Act of Valor" he admits "I lied and told them I was working on my book, and they left me alone to finish it of course" he chuckles.

“I almost got away clean” He trails off."But I truly underestimated how much I had influenced generations of SEALs, who would want to be famous too"

f49bf146_Navy-SEALs-movie.jpeg

Hiding in plain sight, Navy SEAL Michael Biehn with Actor Charlie Sheen

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Final Navy SEAL from Raid discovered.

“In retrospect its obvious†many reporters complained after missing an incredible story.

Many US Navy SEALs have come under public scrutiny after coming forward with unauthorized accounts of the famous mission. Underscoring what many in the Naval Special Warfare community have come to see as a common misuse of SEALs for publicity purposes, in recruiting, books, and movies. SEAL mania hit a crescendo in the early 90’s after a movie about the Navy SEALs cleverly titled Navy SEALs debuted at the box office. Many operators fear it is damaging the “quiet professional†mantra that so many SEALs couldn’t wait to tell you about. “Bragging without bragging†as one operator put it. “Just because I am Navy SEAL doesn’t mean I have to tell you about it, unless of course you engage in casual conversation with me†Another SEAL went on to say that he “only whispers that he is a SEAL,†and even then “only to impress. There is no need to be so obvious about itâ€Â

“A lot of other Special Operators tell us to shut up, but they had to talk to tell us that so who is really being childish now?â€Â

However there was one lone Navy SEAL who refused to come forward with any account or Biography keeping his entire identity with the Navy SEALs completely hidden. His identity was discovered yesterday, after the latest account of the raid revealed his name.

Micheal Biehn, 56 Who played a Navy SEAL in no less than 3 different movies was finally identified as the last DEVGRU member in the Bin Laden Raid. Biehn, who has been a Navy SEAL for decades secretly, has been hiding in plain sight since 1989’s Abyss.

“people would make jokes about me being ‘typecast as a SEAL’ “ I would laugh it off but inside I was thinking “how much do they know? Have I been compromised?†Biehn admits he “did it backwards†Becoming a SEAL after becoming famous, rather than than becoming a SEAL and deciding to become famous.

"A lot of people think that movies about the military and the CIA recruiting movie stars and extreme athletes into their ranks is just Hollywood being in love with itself, or poor writing, which it is of course... But it does happen sometimes if there is money left in the Black Budget at the end of the Fiscal Year." He explains.

Eventually though Biehn began to grow weary of his Hollywood SEAL status and preferred to serve in special warfare completely anonymously. "It got to the point where as a fully Trained Navy SEAL, I could no longer take the juvenile tactics the writers and directors came up with. I had to leave" He would get his chance in 1995. The Rock, Starring Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, and Ed Harris would be his ticket out of being a Hollywood SEAL. Playing Commander Bly, “I was killed off in a combat scene and disappeared†he says proudly, successfully faking his SEAL death, in order to rejoin Special Warfare. "There was one close call where they wanted me to be in Act of Valor" he admits "I lied and told them I was working on my book, and they left me alone to finish it of course" he chuckles.

“I almost got away clean†He trails off."But I truly underestimated how much I had influenced generations of SEALs, who would want to be famous too"

f49bf146_Navy-SEALs-movie.jpeg

Hiding in plain sight, Navy SEAL Michael Biehn with Actor Charlie Sheen

Are you kidding? I can't tell what's real and fake anymore.

Those floppy disks remind me of my first computer, wich I bought in about 2003. It was not top of the line, but closer to that end of the spectrum as far as "off the shelf" computers are concerned, and had a whopping 30GB of memory. I remember thinking that I would NEVER fill up that much space! Well, I have a 64GB SD memory card in my camera now, and the computer we have now has a 500GB drive...About 25GB's of which are filled with nothing but my aircraft pictures.

Aaron

I thought the Test Post Clubhouse was available for stupid crap like this. This is starting to get a bit out of hand and treading on not being the least bit funny.

I thought TPS was were Gregg put the birthday announcements?