I'm in the beginning phases of a 1/48 Flying Fortress build and would like to build up "Vonnie Gal" which was a B-17F that was fitted with a chin turret. It retained the "F" model top turret and open waist windows. Anyway, I have a "G" kit, but need a few "F" specific parts to complete this build.

this is what I'm looking for:

1. The top turret assembly

2. The side fuselage gun swivels - I don't need the guns themselves, but I do need the "swivel joint that attaches the gun to the fuselage.

I'm sorry that I don't have the specific part numbers, but if you think you might have these parts please let me know. I will gladly reimburse $ for the parts if necessary.

thanks!

Matt

Vonnie-Gal.jpg

Edited by mynameismatt

Side swivels you can probably scratch pretty easily with some small tubing. The F top turret gets hard to come by as the F kit isn't early as popular as the G so people don't have many spares.

How do you plan to approach the cheek windows on the G kit? If you can find a junked model from someone you can cut out the small windows an graft them in. I did this when I built a late F in the old GB.

Good luck hope to see it.