Revell F-14D Tomcat VF-31 Last Cruise 1:48

Hi everyone,

Here's my latest build, a Revell F-14D Tomcat Representing the VF-31 last cruise. I used some aftermarkets like the fuel tanks (which are not included in the kit), resin seats and photoetcheds. Model was painted with Gunze Mr.Color. I liked the painting especially and weathering but i regret i used this kit since there's no way you can save those raised panel lines in the side of the fuselage near the cockpit during the sand/putty process which is even more aggravated by the fact i'm way too lazy to rescribe and rivet the whole thing which means i'm already eager to start a new Tomcat this time using a decent kit i already have in my stash along with some cool aftermarkets. Anyway, this is how it turned out:

F-14-003-A3.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words

:D You know, ya just gotta love when someone takes a kit like this one, skips the tamiaygawa expense, and still turns out a great looking piece of work! Thanks for sharing that. It looks great.

Yep, it doesn't have to be a expensive kit to make it look good, although in this particular case i regret i couldn't save the side panel lines during the sand process. i'm not into rescribing as well.. so the next has to be a Hasegawa, since the Tomcat is my favourite plane, i want it to look as cool as possible.

Edited by adrianosouza