F-100D aftermarkets?

Hi guys,

I've just bought the model of the title and I ask you what aftermarket items ( decals,PE and resin parts ) exist for this model.

I'v find only the Eduard PE...I know that Atres produced both a resin pit and jet exhaust but for the Italeri kit: can I use this goodies for the Trumpy one?

Decals for (I hope) a Nam three-tones bird?

As Trumpeter habit, what shortcomings the kit show and, eventually, how to fix?

Thanks in advance,

Gianni.

Hi Gianni,

I'm not aware of any aftermarket parts specifically for the Trumpeter kit, and I don't know if anything meant for the more accurate Italeri, ESCI, & Revell kits will fit it. The short answer is that the Trumpeter 1/72 F-100 series suffers all of the same accuracy problems that their larger bretheren do, but in such a small scale, I think the only major issues would be the too-thin wings & too large main gear tires, which combine to make the model sit level, instead of the F-100's characteristic nose-up attitude, and the flat underside of the intake. If you replace the main gear wheels with some from another manufacturer and shorten the main gear struts a millimeter or two, your model should sit right. You could heat the underside of the intake and bend it to a more rounded shape. I tried this with a 1/48 Trump F-100 with acceptable results.

The F-100C kit has more issues than the D, mainly because it uses D parts when it shouldn't. The kits come with the short 275-gallon drop tanks, so for a post-1964 jet, you'll need to add a scale 28-inch plug to the drop tank at the panel line at the leading edge of the tank's pylon. I don't know what weapons are included with the 1/72 kits, but nothing that comes with the 1/48 or 1/32 kits is appropriate for an F-100, although a few F-100Ds were modified to carry the TERs that for some reason are included with the F-100C kits.

I don't recall any decals in 1/72 for Vietnam camouflaged jets, but that's not really my scale, so others will know more.

HTH.

Cheers!

Ben

Kurnass77, I just spoke with Don Wood(Skylancer Productions) and he said that there have been decals for this a/c, and you might be able to find them at some of the larger dealers.

He said that that is on his list for future release, but he hasn't any now.

If you'd like to speak with him, his number is (520) 529-3460.

Easiest to reach at about 9:00 p.m.AZ time.

No commecial comnnection, he's a friend.

Kurnass77, I just spoke with Don Wood(Skylancer Productions) and he said that there have been decals for this a/c, and you might be able to find them at some of the larger dealers.

He said that that is on his list for future release, but he hasn't any now.

If you'd like to speak with him, his number is (520) 529-3460.

Easiest to reach at about 9:00 p.m.AZ time.

No commecial comnnection, he's a friend.

Not to get off topic but I didn't know Skylancer Producions was still in business. That's good news for 1/72 modelers! Thanks for the info. Fred.

-Derek

Not to get off topic but I didn't know Skylancer Producions was still in business. That's good news for 1/72 modelers! Thanks for the info. Fred.

Indeed they are. They were at the IPMS Nats with some very nice releases!

Skylancer Decals

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Edited by thegoodsgt

Beware if visiting the Skylancer website.

Don has no computer or e-mail and it hasn't been updated in a loooong time.

Best to call or write. His current address is on the website, though.

Hi guys,

I've just bought the model of the title and I ask you what aftermarket items ( decals,PE and resin parts ) exist for this model.

I'v find only the Eduard PE...I know that Atres produced both a resin pit and jet exhaust but for the Italeri kit: can I use this goodies for the Trumpy one?

Decals for (I hope) a Nam three-tones bird?

Thanks in advance,

Gianni.

Aires does a cockpit and wheel wells for the trupeter kits. Somebody else sells a nose correction piece (don't remember who)

gary

Thanks all guys;

I've read on the net of the wheels/landing gear ...

But probably I'm able to trade a Hase box and with a little luck ( I don'y know the Hase kit ) I can obtain both Landing gear/wheels and the decals for a camouflaged bird.

Ben,the weapons are: 4x Winders,assortited fuel tanks and two TERs but isn't a problem for me 'cause I'll hung on my Hun nape and LAU-3 from the Hasegawa sets.

Deke,you are right ,but Wolfpak ( great sheets!!!) produced principally F-model decals and those for the D are for bird not in SEA or in NMF ( Don Kylgus probable MiG-killer).

Cat,I've checked but Aires made upgrade set only for the Italeri's ( I've just ordered the three sets plus the Eduard PE); the nose correction ( mmmhhh...very attractive) is produced by Skyraider Model design.

When the package of the goodies arrive I can try if the Aires AM are good also for the Trumpy kit.

Thanks a lot again!

Gianni

Deke,you are right ,but Wolfpak ( great sheets!!!) produced principally F-model decals and those for the D are for bird not in SEA or in NMF ( Don Kylgus probable MiG-killer).

Gianni,

Sheet 72-025 ("In Country") had an F-100D in SEA camo and operating in Vietnam. The sheet is sold out, but you may have some luck in the trade/sell section here on ARC or on ebay.

Deke

Deke,sorry but you are perfectly right!

I've rechecked the Wolfpak site and effectively the sheet is sold out but FantasyPrintShop have it, so I think to order the decals today 7 in the past day I've bought the wolfpak sheet with the F-18D ATARS option and in less of a Week arrived in my mail box!).

Thanks again,

Gianni.

Thanks all guys;

I've read on the net of the wheels/landing gear ...

But probably I'm able to trade a Hase box and with a little luck ( I don'y know the Hase kit ) I can obtain both Landing gear/wheels and the decals for a camouflaged bird.

Ben,the weapons are: 4x Winders,assortited fuel tanks and two TERs but isn't a problem for me 'cause I'll hung on my Hun nape and LAU-3 from the Hasegawa sets.

Cat,I've checked but Aires made upgrade set only for the Italeri's ( I've just ordered the three sets plus the Eduard PE); the nose correction ( mmmhhh...very attractive) is produced by Skyraider Model design.

When the package of the goodies arrive I can try if the Aires AM are good also for the Trumpy kit.

Thanks a lot again!

Gianni

I've got one Italeri F100D and two Trumpeter F100's in 1/72 scale, plus two or three F100D's in 1/48. I kinda like F100's like some guys like 109's. The F100C's never done that much for me (only two wings used them in RVN). I bought the Italeri kit for the decale sheet, and they came messed up! (my luck). I found the Aireas stuff for the trumpeter kits on Ebay after doing a search with the Aires name.

gary

I've got one Italeri F100D and two Trumpeter F100's in 1/72 scale, plus two or three F100D's in 1/48. I kinda like F100's like some guys like 109's. The F100C's never done that much for me (only two wings used them in RVN). I bought the Italeri kit for the decale sheet, and they came messed up! (my luck). I found the Aireas stuff for the trumpeter kits on Ebay after doing a search with the Aires name.

gary

My apologies Cat,you're right,Aires produced the Wheel bays and the jet exhaust for the Trumpy kit,goog news!

Cheers,

Gianni.

My apologies Cat,you're right,Aires produced the Wheel bays and the jet exhaust for the Trumpy kit,goog news!

Cheers,

Gianni.

I must be loosing my mind as I swore that somebody also had an Aires cockpit for the F100d from Trumpeter! But saw nothing for the F100F. Now here's one for you out there. I saw a photo of an F100D that had a skull & cross bones on the nose with what looked sixty or seventy mission markers on it. Might even have had a couple German insignias on it as well. Love to have a decale sheet for that bird!!

gary

• 2 months later...

CAM decals has a series of 1/72 scale decals for ANG F-100D's in SEA schemes including schemes for Georgia, Louisiana, Colorado and Ohio. You can get them from thier website, or thier Ebay store.

Edited by Johnopfor