1/72 Airliners- 737 & 727 Suggestions needed

Right, that's why I'd like to see a new generation injection-moulded kit in 1/144. I stay away from resin kits for a reason - they're very cost-prohibitive. For now, fixing up an Airfix kit will probably do me fine. I know pretty much every external detail on a 737-100/200/200Adv at this point...

Interesting conversation,even if a bit highjacked))))))))

What are the external differencies between the plain 200 and the ADV?

Are the Welsh 200 series worth having?

Isaac

The most obvious visual changes (although retrofits do happen and Boeing made conversion kits available as far as I know) are:

-The Krueger flaps on the -200 only extend to the landing lights, whereas on the -200Adv they extend to the fuselage

-The -200Adv introduced a wider pylon that extends much lower on the nacelle, eliminating the gap between the pylon and the leading edge devices

A less obvious cue is the lack of auxiliary inlet doors on the -200Adv nacelles. The presence or lack thereof of cables from the mid-fuselage does not indicate series. This is an HF antenna and is not, as some will imply, an indicator of a -200 rather than a -200Adv.

Something between the nacelles looks different, but I can't really describe what. The inlets were redesigned to eliminate the need for blow-in doors (which made a lot of noise), and I suspect this is where the difference lies. I'm wary of statements about the Adv nacelle being longer simply because many people confuse the original nacelle as a -200 spotting feature. It's not. Engines with the new inlet have a longer inlet cone.

Another really easy way to tell is that if it has a -7 engine, it's not an Advanced model. I say this because Pratt&Whitney did something between the -7 and -9 that makes them sound absolutely nothing alike. I suspect it has something to do with the different bypass ratio. Be advised that some basic -200s had the -9 as well.

Edited by angry_android

I just find it so interesting to see that everyone is always looking for the

ONE "perfect" airliner kit. Oh yes and "IF you make this bla bla bla kit, I will buy at least...."

Then...... One day that one "perfect" kit comes along in the shape of an Authentic Airliners

737-200, 757-200, 707, etc.

Now, "oh my... that is sooooo much money for that kit, I really wanted

a "perfect" kit for $19.99 including shipping!!!!!!!!

Common MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note, I am not trying to criticize nor insulting any-one, and I understand people have budgets. I do not have anything to do with

Authentic Airliners and yes, they are pricy kits, but what you get is exactly what you

always wanted, that ONE perfect kit!!!

1/72 737-200 with "gravel kit" sure would be nice in Alaska Airlines colors!!!! :)

Walter

Cottage industry products are very expensive to produce. You'll notice that not a lot of cottage industry folks are living in big mansions and driving S-Class Mercedes Benz cars. The profit margin on most aftermarket products is *very* minimal. You generally get what you pay for though. And in case you hadn't noticed, *everything* is expensive these days. Been to the grocery store recently?

I am just riding my bicycle, no car at all, Jennings is absolutely right.

To make money from this business, prices needs to be doubled.

I am doing it basically for fun and for the pleasure of modelers who realize the quality, hence it is very, very annoying to receive all those complains about the prices again and again.

Kurt

...Okay!

Jeez people, calm down. I said a particular kit was more than I was willing to pay and that I was more than capable of fixing a different one that I found reasonably accurate. That's how capitalism works. I really don't care what you charge. If it's more than I'm willing to pay, I'll just do something else. In other news, I prefer Toyota to Volkswagen*. I'm sure the kit is nice. Really. It looks pretty nice. I just can't really justify spending the money within the confines of my budget. Sorry.

I don't doubt that the small builders don't make much of a profit. That really doesn't instill a desire for me to purchase one product or another. My perceived notion of value does. Not your perceived notion of value, mine. It's a tad silly that I take flak for not wanting to purchase one 737 kit because it's out of my price range yet take none whatsoever for not wanting to purchase the subject of this topic because I find it out of my size range.

Once again, same sentiments: Looks really nice, probably won't buy it, but it looks really nice.

Hooray for internet community logic, I guess.

I'm going to go work on my EP now. Tata.

*This statement is slightly inaccurate. Since I have actually done work one more than one, it's not so much of a preference, it's more that I positively absolutely hate Volkswagens.

Edited by angry_android
  • 2 weeks later...