Deleting My Account

Recently asked this for someone else.

You have to ask SBARC to do that.

Your threads of past will not be deleted as others will have posted, but he can delete your own posts and once that is done

He can then delete your account....you can delete your own posts but threadsr that you started will remain as comments by others may be useful etc and would only lose that info etc that was posted.. If I remember what Steve told ME.

I am sorry that you want o do that.

Hope that helps.

Edited by HOLMES

Recently asked this for someone else.

You have to ask SBARC to do that.

Your threads of past will not be deleted as others will have posted, but he can delete your own posts and once that is done

He can then delete your account....you can delete your own posts but threadsr that you started will remain as comments by others may be useful etc and would only lose that info etc that was posted.. If I remember what Steve told ME.

I am sorry that you want o do that.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I've asked SBARC to delete my account but to no avail. It's dumb having an account where I no longer wish to contribute to.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son

some time ago, I requested that my old account to be deleted. To a certain extent it was. Now, a couple of weeks back I decided to join again. My old account sorta worked, but I could not post at all.

So, your account will remain to maintain your old posts, but you are not able to post anymore. The funny thing is - you can still follow topics though ;)

So what did I do? Well, I had to register a new account.

Thanks. I've asked SBARC to delete my account but to no avail. It's dumb having an account where I no longer wish to contribute to.

Don't see the issue. If you want to leave, simply go into your setting, disable PMs and emails, and log out and don't post again. Effectively, your account will be closed. If you want your content deleted you'll have to go in and delete all your posts yourself. It was established years ago that Steve and the mods aren't going to waste their time to delete all of your posts. Plus, it causes problems when you've started a thread or your post was quoted in a reply, since it affects other people's postings