Sometimes you gotta take a break and build something thats easy and fun !

So, a few months ago I ordered a copy of resin aftermarket cargo bay kit for the Hasegawa egg shuttle from Retrokit http://www.retrokitonline.com/ (actually, I ordered 2 :D )

The kit goes together pretty well, but the seams are pretty bad along the fuselage. I'm sorry I don't have any in-progress pictures, but basically I over-glued the seams and then sanded the whole mess down flush. Since this was a quickie build, I didn't bother with putty, but after seeing some of the resulting seams, perhaps I should have used a little ;)

The model took a turn when I decided the kit decals were lacking and made my own cockpit frame decal and the model started taking on a new life. No longer was it a silly carature, now it was a more accurate silly caracature!

Paint is Tamiya black, white and light grey. The tiles are drawn on with a 2b pencil for the black lines and a white pencil for the white lines. To draw the lines, the model was sprayed with dullcote to give a tooth to the surface. If I didn't do this, then the pencils would only scratch the paint and not leave a line.

The satelite is a mishmash of kit parts scavenged from my box. I figured that the best way an egg shuttle would deploy a satelite was to grab it by the engine and give it a fling, what do you think? :lol:

Anyway, enjoy!

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

Meh. The tile detail is far too obvious for the scale.

I'm kidding, of course. These eggplane kits are fun right out of the box, but you've taken it to an entirely new level! The way the Orbiter is "casually" holding the satellite cracks me up. Really nice work! :thumbsup:

Al