New Mirage F.1 1/48 kit for 2013

I think the Harrier picture is just a place holder. They have been using it for blank pages since the website first appeared

I would love it if they did an F.1AZ and CZ!

Now, a first-generation series of Harriers would be a nice idea, but I'm not holding my breath… :deadhorse1:

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!!

I will definately get a few F1s and at least one Jaguar A

Very happy with the hanging flaps and slats.

Just a personal preferance, I think it would be better to skip the full engine in the interest of saving on overall costs.

Thanks very much guys, this is wayyyyy overdue. :thumbsup::woot.gif::woot.gif: :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

Hoping Mister Song of Kittyhawk will read this and answer to my positive remarks :

This is a fantastic news !

This brand new 1/48 Mirage F-1 kit will certainly be a bestseller on the international hobby market.

The 3D pictures presented by CyberModeller Online include just one under fuselage standard fuel tanks,

just like the older Esci/Italeri current kit offer.

Real operational reference from all Mirage F-1 operators around the world indicate that one of the most

used configuration was :

two standard fuel tanks, one under each wing with its specific under wing "wet" pylon.

To model this very popular configuration with the Esci / Italeri kit, we had to buy

2 x complete box.

Lets hope that Kittyhawk will offer to the modeller community in its Mirage F-1 kit :

the two underwing fuel tanks configuration with its "wet" pylons ;

and also

the super XX large single underfuselage tank used by the french Armée De L'Air fleet

at the end of the Mirage F-1CT operational career that will end in a few months.

:cheers:

SharkOwl

Escadron 1/48

Rimouski, Quebec

Just CAD or will all the weapons here:

http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/kitty2.shtml

be included in the kit? The BL755 looks off.

BL755

Overall length - 2451mm (96.5â€Â)

Diameter - 419mm (16.5â€Â)

Tail length - 915mm (36â€Â)

Tail fin span (closed) - 569mm (22.4â€Â)

Tail fin span (open) - 714mm (28.1â€Â)

Jari

There is something I spotted and that is already a problem on the ESCI/Italeri kit. The shape of the fuselage side of the engine intakes. As you can see on the photos below in the red circles (your CAD posted on Cybermodeler and a photo of a french F-1CR), the shape should be rounded :

mf1108.jpg

miragef1cr03of49.jpg

I hope this would be helpfull by correcting the CAD before the moulds are made.

And I add that this upcomming Mirage F-1 family is an excellent news. You can be sure that I'll buy one of each version as soon as it is available (and the Jaguar A too ^_^ ).

There is something I spotted and that is already a problem on the ESCI/Italeri kit. The shape of the fuselage side of the engine intakes.

There's a Britmodeller thread in which I've done "constructive criticism". Mr. Song didn't acknowledge this particular issue but it's likely that he knows about it.

http://www.britmodel...40#entry1133875

I'm thinking about doing the same for the Jaguar kit on BM too but it's difficult as the Jaguar has complicated shapes.

Edit: no more thinking. Done.

Edited by Laurent

There's a Britmodeller thread in which I've done "constructive criticism". Mr. Song didn't acknowledge this particular issue but it's likely that he knows about it.

http://www.britmodel...40#entry1133875

I'm thinking about doing the same for the Jaguar kit on BM too but it's difficult as the Jaguar has complicated shapes.

Edit: no more thinking. Done.

Thank you for the advice. And sorry for polluting the post, I should be more observant. :blush: