Bell 212 passenger seats

Hi guys,

I accidentally stumbled over a Whirlybits conversion kit that should turn Revell's 1:72 Bell 212 / UH1N into a British Airways 212 as used on offshore flights in the 1980's. The kit contains BA- decals, the 212- emergency flotation gear (as was once included in the Revell Bundesgrenzschutz 212), PE antennas and passenger seats. I have a question about the latter. Included in the conversion are the same upright utility type seats that are already in the Revell kit plus an extra similar rear facing bench seat.

I had always thought that - even in the 1980's- seats in helicopter passenger transport were of the slightly more comfortable airliner type. Anyone have a clue about this?

Thanks in advance!

Gertjan

Hmmm, trying to think as I flew BA 212s from Aberdeen (and IIRC, Submurgh) '80 through '84. The seats were definitely not what you'd find in a UH1N. I wish I could recall more clearly, but some "airliner type" of seat is correct.

HTH

Dang, I found Whirlybits at Linden Hill Imports, but they don't even list the 1:72 212 conversion, let alone one in 1:48. It would be fun to do a 212 and/or an S61N as I flew on both to North Sea platforms from Scotland and Norway.

Seems Linden Hill is the best source; any other good sources?

Thanks for the reply David! I guess mr. Evans made a mistake here.

I got the kit from Aviation Megastore in the Netherlands,

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/ab212-update-set-and-interior-british-airways-wba72085-whirlybits-wba72085-detailsets/product/?shopid=LM4ff30e9da571564d2a67f65adf&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=104399

As you can see it's no longer available there and supply is irregular to put it mildly.

They do have a nice collection of Whirlybits conversions though, the S-61N conversion being just one of them.

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/sikorsky-s61n-conversion-set-british-airways-wba72068-whirlybits-wba72068-model-conversion/product/?shopid=LM4ff30e9da571564d2a67f65adf&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=97270

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/sikorsky-s61nm-conversion-set-british-helicopters-international-bhi-wba72061-whirlybits-wba72061-model-conversion/product/?shopid=LM4ff30e9da571564d2a67f65adf&action=prodinfo&parent_id=0&art=90280

Don't know about the shipping costs to the US, but I get the impression that these are substantial.

Thanks again and good luck!

Gertjan