To be released, HK models 1/32 B-17F/G and 1/32 B-25H

I was browsing for some B-17 kits and I found this.

My link

I believe this may interest the few who do not know yet. I am amazed and cannot wait for a release date and price. I am not an expert but from the test shots it looks impressive.

Mike

I helped a bit in quality-control on the CAD model for the Fort, along with several others. It's going to be great!

There was a lot of good input on correcting the myriad problems with the original B-17 CAD stuff, and the kit is going to be MUCH better as a result.

The problem was that they used the horrible drawings in the Aero Detail book as a basis without analyzing them for accuracy (they're just about 100% wrong on every count). I don't know that everything was fixed, but the end result will be light years better than it otherwise would have been....

Hell that prototype looks enough like a B-17 to me to buy it when it comes out. Hope they include both kinds is tails and different nose sections. They could really knock this out of the park if done correctly.

If they were smart they would downsize it to 1/48 as well and would make a ton of money.

Are they really going to give you the option to build a B-17F or a B-17G in one box as stated in that blurb? If so, that's enough to impress me. If it is true then an early B-17G will be possible from the parts included in the box...and so, I'll need three or four of these guys to use up my 91st nose art decals.

Are they really going to give you the option to build a B-17F or a B-17G in one box as stated in that blurb? If so, that's enough to impress me. If it is true then an early B-17G will be possible from the parts included in the box...and so, I'll need three or four of these guys to use up my 91st nose art decals.

You have 1/32 nose art decals!?

You have 1/32 nose art decals!?

They're actually 1/48 at this time but since they're vector artwork I can scale them up 150% and they should be good. Once I scale them up, I'll look at them closely to make sure they're correct and when I get a fort done, I'll print em out and use em. I made them myself on Adobe Illustrator and will print them with my ALPS printer.

When assembled, the Hong Kong Models B-17 will have a wingspan of some 788 mm (31 in) and a length of 988 mm (38.9 in).

This statement is reversed. The wingspan will be 38.9 inches, not 31 inches. The B-17 has a wingspan of 103' 10" (if memory serves) which in 1/32 equates to 38.94 inches.

Edited by timc