im doing glencoe's maritime work horses model and i am working on the steam ship. and i was wondering if there are any references available for that ship or is it just a general idea on what the ship is if anybody can help please. its in 1/200 or 1/400 scale.

• 9 months later...

Are you working on the little tug-boat that comes with the little (stern) paddle-wheeler? I estimate that it is about 1/300-scale because the tops of the doors (down the sides of the deck house) are 6mm from the deck. If you estimate a man to be 1800mm/6ft tall, and divide that by the 6mm, it equald 300 (aka, 1/300-scale.) I didn't seek references as it is supposed to be a general-purpose little tug-boat that could be found in any modern port round the world (IF you have eyes to see them). I modified mine by 1) adding another window to the center of the bridge, 2) re-doing the searchlight & horns on top of the bridge, and adding P & S lights and a water projector there, 3) re-doing the deck (I made a wooden one) and its winch, and 4) placing a twin bollard on the foc'scle & the stern deck. I also gave it 350-scale railings & ladders.

Now, I gotta finish that paddle-wheeler. Good luck with your build/s. George, out.............